Surprise...

Regrets

Disclaimer: Obviously, I do not own Selena Gomez or Abel Tesfaye, and this story is written purely for the profit-free entertainment of Abelena shippers and not intended to cause offence to anyone.

Summary: Selena is pregnant after being with Abel for almost two years, and although he's excited about the news, not everyone is so happy for the couple...

Part 1: Surprise...

"Selena?" Abel called out as he entered their Hidden Hills mansion. He noticed the light coming from the den and a grin stretched across his face.

After being on tour on and off for the past two years, he was looking forward to taking a break and spending some quality time with his lady. Despite the fact that Selena had visited him on tour and he had returned to the States whenever either of them had a little time off, he just wanted to be alone with her now that his most recent tour was over.

He quickly made his way toward the room, but the smile was wiped from his face when he saw Selena asleep on the couch. She was curled into a ball and he could tell even in the dim light of the room that there were tear tracks on her face.

"Selena? Are you okay? Babe, wake up, please," he murmured, as he reached out and wiped her tears away.

Slowly, she stretched and opened her eyes, and a wan smile formed on her lips when she saw her boyfriend kneeling next to the couch and felt his hands still gently holding her face. "Hey," she said quietly.

"Sel, what's wrong? Are you okay, are your lupus symptoms coming back?"

Selena let out a heavy sigh and closed her eyes. "No, it isn't that. I haven't had any symptoms since my surgery last year. This isn't exactly how I wanted to tell you, but..." She took a deep breath before she opened her eyes and looked into his dark irises once more. "Abel...I'm pregnant."

Abel's eyes widened and his jaw dropped like he was a cartoon character. "What?"

Selena hesitantly reached up and took one of his hands in her own, placing his palm on her still-flat abdomen. "We're going to have a baby," she whispered.

"A-are you sure?" he stuttered. "I mean, you took a test and everything?"

She nodded slowly. "I'm pretty sure. I took six different home tests and they all came out positive, but I have to go to the doctor tomorrow to be absolutely certain."

"But I always wear a condom when we're together, and I thought you were on birth control..." Abel muttered as he subconsciously began slowly running his hand over Selena's stomach.

She flinched at his words, even as she shifted her hips forward at the soothing feeling of Abel's hand on her stomach. "I am, I never miss a day. The chances of getting pregnant while on birth control and using a condom are something like one in a million."

"That's..."

Selena tensed.

"That's incredible," Abel breathed as a soft smile stretched his lips, glancing down at his hand on Selena's belly before looking up at her face. When he saw the stunned look that dominated her features, his smile faded. "Sel? Are you...upset about the baby?" he asked lowly.

"You're happy about this?" Selena's voice rose an octave in her shocked state.

Abel hesitantly removed his hand from Selena's stomach. "Of course," he said quietly. "I know this isn't how we planned it, but I love you." He paused for a moment before forcing himself to go on. "Do you...not want the baby?" he asked with a wince.