𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

⎯⎯ ୨ 𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 ୧ ⎯⎯

˗ˏˋ꒰ 🍒 ꒱

﹌﹌

The day had started like any other. The mornings are pleasant and refreshing, the morning growing a bit warm as the sun was rising. With the Metkayina people rising from their comfortable hammocks and starting their days. Kxari wasn't due for any training for the day since her father had to teach Jakesully. So, her father had assigned her to teach the Sully brothers the ways to be a Metkayina warrior. And Kutaan with the Sully girls to teach them how to forage properly.

To say the least, Kxari would have loved to gather with the other girls since one of the sully boys did not take a liking to her. It annoyed her when he would glare at her any time they were face to face.

  Kxari was cooking breakfast with her sister, and her father sharpening one of his spears. Kxari carefully deboned the fish. She plunged the sharp tip of the knife into the fish's soft stomach, opening it she carefully used the knife to scoop out its organs. Then ran the knife around the fish bones, detaching the bones from the skin, placing the knife down she used her fingers to rip out the bones.

With a satisfied nod, Kxari grabbed her knife again and cut the scales off the fish alongside its head and tail. Throwing it into the small pile that was in front of Kutaan. Kutaan grabbed the freshly cut fish and started seasoning it and such. A focused look crossed her little sister's face as she used her knife to cut up the fish into smaller pieces. It was fairly quiet in the mauri with each member of the family doing their things.