𝐌𝐀𝐔𝐅𝐀𝐄𝐘

˗ˏˋ꒰ 🍒 ꒱

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐎𝐅 𝐌𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐀 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐄, 𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐄

Maufaey wasn't too keen on memories; many times he wished he could forget everything

Maufaey wasn't too keen on memories; many times he wished he could forget everything. But his mind doesn't work that way. Since Maufaey was little his father or mother never shared any interest with him, only his sister. They spoke highly about Ronal, speaking about how she would manage to be the next Tsahik. But Maufaey didn't care about becoming a leader, he just wanted to be himself and his father hated that. Maufaey would spend time wandering the beaches on Awa'atlu doing Eywa knows what but every time his father found him he would be faced with a harsh lecture, saying, 'You are the son of an Olo'eyktan so act like one!'

At times his parents were caring but Maufaey got on their last nerve. But to Ronal, he didn't, she liked how thoughtful he was and how he didn't manage to catch the personality of their father like she did. Maufaey was soft-hearted like their mother but was still rough around the edges. Their father wanted him to become a warrior and then become Olo'eyktan but he spent his time lazing around. But Maufaey would soon regret not listening to his father, even though the war took place in the forest some humans took advantage of that and went on a raid in the sea. The sky people killed off the tulkun all Maufaey could do was watch, he wasn't strong enough to join nor smart enough to plan with his father.

Then Payakan decided to strike at the sky people, now Maufaey believed that this was his time. He remembered how he swam out into the sea on his Tsurak, following right after Payakan pleading that he shouldn't do such a thing. But Maufaey wasn't smart enough, of course, he had to get into a worse predicament. When Maufaey's mother noticed he had fled to warn Payakan she swam right after him, Maufaey it was a stupid decision for her to make, she should've let him die on his own—it would have been better for the clan; for his father. That day many Metkayina had lost their lives including his mother, when Maufaey returned to the village he was faced with his angered father. The Olo'eyktan was so livid that he chose not to speak to Maufaey, his father's glare was imprinted into Maufaey's young mind.

Not only did Maufaey lose his mother but the people lost their Tsahik, it was a tragedy for everyone. Ronal was quick to take her mother's spot; she had to lay her grief aside and stand to become the new Tsahik when Maufaey watched his little sister come to the rescue for the Metkayina he decided it was his time to finally be someone. But his mindset was only set on revenge against those greedy sky people. While he spent his time training his father would watch from the sidelines; his gaze holding nothing other than judgment. Maufaey spent years perfecting his spear skills, he had contributed a lot to the Metkayina and the people were glad he had finally decided to put his life on track.