five. FITZ

My new bunkmates seemed okay

I didn't really know any of them. Ward seemed nice and he said I reminded him of his little brother. He said it was a good thing but I was a little worried by how he said it.

Mack was also in Engineering and Technology like I was, and we have two classes together on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. We only have Hand to Hand combat together on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Hunter seemed cool. He also has an accent so I felt less odd when Ward and Mack were talking in American accents.

But after orientation, I was mostly set on trying to find the girl who I believe was a girl back in highschool who I was friends with. Simmons.

She had walked in with a few others, and when they walked in, Hunter made a retort about the blonde. Bobbi? I think that was her name.

After orientation, he said he had to go talk to her about something. Apparently they also had a history back in highschool and he wanted to say a few things. Mack had gone off back to the dorms a little bit after Hunter, saying that letting him go after Bobbi was a bad idea. Mack was kind of friends with Hunter in highschool, so I really hoped that Ward and I could be close friends so that I didn't feel like a fourth wheel.

Not that I wouldn't be used to it.

Ward and I were left alone in the auditorium lobby though, and I mentioned that I wanted to try to find Simmons, so he said he would come with and say hi if it was her.

It actually didn't take long for us to find her and a friend of hers with her. Apparently she was looking for us too since she recognized me as well. That made me quite happy and feel less weird for trying to find her.

"Fitz! How've you been?" She grinned happily after she found us.

"Jemma! I've been well, how was your summer?" I asked back, trying to match her happy expressions.

The girl who was with Simmons, one of her bunkmates I assume, gave a bit of a smirk when I called her Jemma, but I ignored that.

"It was well, like yourself. Uh, who is this?" Jemma asked, turning her attention to Ward.

I felt a little disappointed that she immediately turned her attention to him, but I understood. Ward was incredibly buff, or whatever it was called. Muscular. He also had a nice face. Both Simmons and the other girl were checking him out for a moment.

Maybe I should start working out.

"Ward, nice to meet you." Ward smiled politely, shaking Simmons hand.

"And this is Skye Bullivard. She just goes by Skye though." Jemma introduced her friend.

"Yes, please just call me Skye." Skye said with an awkward smile.

She shook Wards hand, glancing down at his hand for a moment before returning her glance to his face. She then quickly let go and smiled at me, offering a hand to which I shook.

It was odd to hear someone actually using their first name as their title. Everyone in my dorm was using their last name. Mack was using an abbreviated version, but still his last name.

But if Bullivard was your last name, it was understandable to use the first name.

"Are you also working in Sciences?" Simmons asked me.

She looked incredibly hopeful, and I honestly felt bad when I had to say no.

"No, but I was thinking of talking to Principal Hill to get my last class of the day switched from Electronic Programming to Biochem since it's a crossover between Engineering and Sciences." I told her.

Her eyes lit up when I said that.

"Wonderful! That's my last class too." She smiled again.

"Then I'm definitely gonna try to switch it up. If that's okay with you, of course." I said, hoping that came off as friendly and not creepy.

"That's absolutely okay with me." Jemma kept a happy look on her face.

Skye, who had been standing next Jemma silently, suddenly coughed loudly.

"Wow, would you look at the time." She announced. "I need to finish making my bed so I will be off. Simmons, don't worry about me, stay here as long as you'd like. I'll let Elena and Bobbi know you're here."

"But you don't have anything to make your bed with-"

"I need to organize my clothes too." Skye cut Simmons off. "Plus I'm just," she yawned dramatically, "just so tired."

"Oh, okay. You sure you don't want me to walk with you?" Simmons asked.

"Nope." Skye shook her head.

"Uh, I'll walk with her back to the forms. I'm also feeling, uh, tired." Ward joined in.

"Oh well we can save the conversation for another time." I suggested.

"Yeah, we'll see each other again." Jemma nodded.

"No, no." Ward shook his head. "Take all the time you want. But I agree with Skye, I also need to finish organizing a few things."

I gave a confused look at the two of them. They glanced at one another as if they were plotting something, but I really couldn't tell what. I didn't believe that they were just tired though.

"Alright. I'll see you in a bit." Simmons waved bye to Skye as the two began walking towards the exit.

"Me too." I said. "Ward, I'll see you, not Skye." I added just in case I wasn't clear.

The two waved bye and they exited, leaving me alone to talk to Simmons.

----------
Btw I'm not smart so if Fitzsimmons ever says something rly smart, I looked it up. If they ever say something that sounds like it was trying to be smart but it isn't, that was me.
Also Fitz is probably going to be very oblivious for a majority of his perspectives.
Not sorry for that

Love you guys!!