eighteen. ELENA

The cat was out of the bag

The cat was out of the bag. Bobbi was the first to question me about it, asking what had happened with Keller and why I was suddenly friends with Hunter. I told her that we were just friends through convenience.

Then I told her about Keller and what happened. She threatened to break his nose in front of everyone if he tried anything, which I was grateful for. Then apparently Skye had been eavesdropping on the conversation, though it wasn't really eavesdropping cause we were in the dorm and she was in the connecting bathroom. Skye volunteered to hack into the school system and change all of his classes around, or just kick him out of the system completely.

I told her that as much fun as that sounded, we didn't need to get in trouble with Headmistress Hill.

Then Skye told Simmons the story so I didn't have to repeat myself, and that was about it. Thankfully, all three of them seemed content on not talking about him or bringing up my relationship status, which I greatly appreciated. Now I just had to process the fact that I would be seeing him every day for the rest of the year.

.

That following Tuesday, I was sitting in my CPR and Health Basics class, which was my final class of the day. We were reviewing different medicines and which ones were appropriate to bring into the field. Honestly I was just staring at the time, waiting to leave.

When the time finally ended, I stood up to grab my bag. As I did, someone practically ran into me from behind.

"I am so sorry!" The woman said as she shoved past me.

"Excuse you!" I exclaimed, moving out of her way to give her room.

She practically bolted out, making me roll my eyes. I continued grabbing my things when I felt a hand on my shoulder. Without even needing to turn around, I knew who it was.

"Can we talk?" Keller's voice rang in my ear.

I turned around, moving my shoulder out of his grasp.

"I don't want to talk to you." I stated bluntly.

"Well you're gonna have to eventually."

"No, actually. I'm not." I shoved past him since he was blocking my way, but he grabbed my arm in an attempt to pull me back. I immediately snapped around, yanking my arm out of his hand. "Don't touch me."

"Look, I made a mistake. But I want you back, and it's only been a week! You shouldn't have moved on yet. If you did then you're basically a cheater." Keller told me.

My tongue glide against the back of my teeth as I decided my next words carefully.

"You dumped me. Over text. I'm pissed at you and will not be getting back together with you. Now don't talk to me, don't touch me, just- don't even look at me. Bye." I turned around to leave again, very aware of the scene that the two of us were causing in front of the remaining students.

"Elena!"

Keller tried to grab me again, but I managed to dodge and keep walking, but this time I sped up. Unfortunately for me, Keller was right on my tail. He kept up a jog in order to walk next to me as I sped walked out of class and towards the dorms.

"Elena, please. I get it, I hurt you. But let me fix that! We had a good thing going and if you throw away those four months like nothing—"

"Hey Rodrigo!" I heard from behind us.

Thank God.

I turned around, seeing Mack walking towards us with his usual smile.

"Sorry for the interruption, but you forgot your folder." Mack said, handing me a folder that definitely wasn't mine.

"Thanks." I said, unsure if there was anything else I should say.

"Who is this?" Keller asked, making me roll my eyes. Thankfully he currently couldn't see my face.

"Oh I'm-"

"He's my boyfriend. Keller, meet Mack." I said, putting on a tight lipped smile as I stepped closer to Mack.

I couldn't see Mackenzie's face, but the look on Keller's made me feel much better. Hopefully this meant he would leave me alone.

"Oh so you are a cheater. You're just gonna rebound like that? Yeah okay. Good luck with her, Mack." Keller spat out his words before storming off.

I let out a sigh of relief and backed up, away from Mack.

"Sorry. I panicked." I said, shoving my hand in my face.

"It's okay. Hopefully that creep leaves you alone." Mack replied.

I was just grateful he wasn't mad at me. I then looked down at the folder in my hand and I handed it back out to him.

"This isn't mine." I told him.

"I know, it's mine. It looked like you could use some saving." Mack said with a slight chuckle.

"Well, thank you." I said.

"Anytime."

——————————

okay there's some yoyomack for you 💪. also i know Keller is definitely not the same Keller from the show, im just using his name cause he was like the only other love interest to elena.

have a good dayyyy