nineteen. MACK

Sleep is good

Sleep is good. Sleep is important. I loved resting and making sure that everyone else around me was well rested. A good night's sleep lead to a good morning's breakfast which lead to a good day in general.

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE
Thursday - 1:57

SKYE: hey guysss
SKYE: is anyone awake

HUNTER: yeah

SKYE: cool cool

ELENA: Whats up?

SKYE: i got invited to a party and apparently it's open to almost anyone so if yall wanna come you should

My phone started buzzing from all the notifications, causing me to wake up.

I grabbed the device and opened up the chat, quickly reading the messages as another two popped up.

ELENA: A party already???
ELENA: We're only like three weeks in

I let out a small grunt as I typed out a reply.

MACK: Yeah I was invited too

SKYE: apparently its an early year party or smthing
SKYE: tech people are hosting it

HUNTER: sounds exciting

SKYE: cool so you'll come with?? :D

HUNTER: will there be beer

I glanced over to the other bed, seeing Hunter typing up on his phone too. He wasn't looking my direction though so I turned back to the phone.

SKYE: maybe

MACK: Probably

HUNTER: will bobbi be going

BOBBI: I'm in this group chat you know

HUNTER: are you going to the party

BOBBI: Yes

HUNTER: no im not going

SKYE: girl
SKYE: pls
SKYE: it's gonna be held in the boiler room

ELENA: Where is that?

SKYE: idk somewhere underground apparently

HUNTER: ill think about it

It's a good thing Ward and Fitz were asleep. They both had their phones on DND cause I couldn't hear any dinging or buzzing other than my own phone.

MACK: Youre going

HUNTER: only cause they have beer
HUNTER: wait what day is it

SKYE: friday
SKYE: well tmro
SKYE: night

MACK: Yeah tomorrow night

HUNTER: great

SKYE: ok that's all gnight

MACK: Goodnight

HUNTER: night

I sighed and moved my phone over to the side so I could lay down and go to sleep. This time I remembered to silence it.

That morning, I woke up with a heavy yawn. I was the last person in the dorm to wake up, which wasn't crazy, but usually I at least woke up before Hunter. I glanced over at the time, sighing as I moved myself out of bed.

I still had a bit of time before my first class, Database Management. I sat next to Hunter and in front of Bobbi in that class. Which sucked, by the way. Hearing them argue over nonsense while eyeing Elena since she's just as fed up is not fun.

I used my time to shower quickly and pick up some breakfast before I sat myself down in class. I ate quietly while the other students poured in. Elena arrived before either Bobbi or Hunter.

She seemed like she was tired, so I didn't try talking to her. I knew better.

However, she started talking to me.

"Keller is getting on my last nerve. I blocked him on everything and he keeps making new accounts. At this point I just can't even have any social media." She grumbled.

"I can work with Fitz on something to track all accounts coming from the same device. I think one of those are already made though." I suggested with a shrug.

"Please. I'm so tired of this." Elena sighed.

.

That night, I did exactly as I said I would. I talked to Fitz and he liked the idea, so the two of us got to work on the account tracker. It was actually a lot easier than expected, and it ended up being finished by my first class that morning.

On Friday, I didn't have any classes with Elena thanks to the opposite divisions we were in. I was in Engineering and Tech, so all my Friday classes were mostly Engineering based. My first class was Software Design and Engineering, which I shared with Fitz and Skye.

We sat together, since tables were groups of four but due to pure luck there were more tables than students, so we just had an empty seat that all our stuff sat in.

"What's even going on between you and Elena?" Skye asked, making me raise my eyebrow.

"Nothing?"

"Oh that was convincing." Skye said with a snort.

I looked at Fitz and he shrugged, so I looked back at Skye.

"Nothing is going on between us. I'm just being a good friend."

"A good friend who stays up all night to make a little device for another friend? Yeah okay." Skye said, leaning back in her seat.

"What are you implying?" I asked, knowing exactly what she was implying.

"You know exactly what I'm implying."

"If you say so." I shrugged.

"Well anyways, party is tonight and I am going to kill my looks." Skye grinned.

"Oh yeah, I don't think I'm going to that. Sounds a bit too social for me." Fitz said awkwardly.

"That's fine. That means Simmons can hang out with us." Skye shrugged.

"Jemma will be there?" Fitz questioned.

"Yeah." Skye said, her eyes flicking to mine. We both knew what was happening.

"Well, well I guess I could stop by for a minute. Just to say hi." Fitz said quietly.

"Sounds like a plan." Skye grinned.

----------

sorry this took me so long to get out y'all. i be busy sometimes. also i rushed it a bit but i have plans for the part scene so it's okay 😈😈