twelve. BOBBI

The town was a pretty busy place

The town was a pretty busy place. It made sense since it was a Saturday morning. There were kids from the Academy wandering around everywhere, and it seemed like the locals were confused by them.

We found a home store that sold blankets and pillows, but Skye suggested that we don't buy them until we were ready to head back to the school.

"Do you think I could get a job here? Like for weekends. I'm kind of broke after my last job crashed and burned and took all my money with it." Skye commented.

"Probably. But you're also not going to be the only one looking for a job. So if you want one, hurry up." I replied.

I thought about getting a job last summer, but I didn't need one. My parents weren't super rich, but they put aside money for me to go to college. Even though this technically wasn't college, I still got the money.

But since Skye was broke, I decided to help out and give her enough to help buy the blankets and sheets. She promised to pay back. Eventually.

When it reached around lunchtime, Elena and Skye were looking for food while I was making sure no one was acting suspicious around us.

"OO! Here looks good." Skye exclaimed, hurrying towards a basic American food chain restaurant.

Elena gave an eye roll, but I don't think Skye saw it.

The three of us made our way inside, Skye going over to the register to see the food they provided. Elena and I walked over to join her

"Here's my card. I'll just have a cheeseburger and some fries. Don't get anything too crazy." I handed my card to Skye. "I'll find us a table."

I made my way away from the register and looked around the restraunt. It wasn't too large of a place, and I soon caught sight of a man I recognized sitting by himself. I smiled and made my way over to him.

"Hey Mack." I smiled.

He was a good friend of mine back in highschool. He was also friends with Hunter, but after we broke up, he wasn't disrespectful towards either of us from what I could tell.

"Hey Bobbi." He smiled, standing up from his booth to hug me.

I happily hugged back.

"Sitting all by yourself?" I asked.

"Waiting on my roommates. They're ordering now for us so I saved the seat." Mack replied, sitting back down.

"Will three more fit?" I asked, glancing to Skye and Elena who were talking about something near the register.

"I don't think you'd like my roommate." Mack stated.

My smile fell.

"You have Hunter?" I assumed.

"Don't say it like that. He's not that bad, he was just stupid when it came to you." Mack tried to defend him.

"We'll find our own table then." I stated. "See you in class?"

"Maybe. I'm Engineer and Tech." Mack said, leaning against the table.

"I can see that. I'm Soldier." I replied.

"Yeah, Hunter told me." Mack chuckled.

"Is he just telling all of my business everywhere?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"I think he likes you just about as much as you like him."

"Good to know. See you around, Mack."

I turned away and looked around for another free table, but as I did, Skye ran up to me.

"Look who I found!" She grinned, pointing at Ward, who was of course standing next to Hunter. "They invited us to sit with them so we said yes."

"What?" I spoke, unable to form any emotions to go along with my question.

Skye's grin dropped.

"Oh. Right. Hunter." She mumbled. "We can tell them no if you want-"

"No it's fine, I can sit through one lunch with my ex. We are training to be spies afterall." I put on a fake smile.

"Also the food should be ready in a few minutes." Skye added awkwardly.

.

I sat, cornered against the window in the booth. Skye sat next to me, Elena on the outside edge of the seat. At least the chairs were decently sized so none of us were tightly fit.

However, across from me was, of course, Hunter. Next to him was Ward. And farthest from me was Mack, the one guy I would actually talk to in this group. I didn't really know Ward, but Skye seemed enthused to talk to him.

She'd thanked him for the use of his comforter, then she got his number and the other two. Due to the fact that I felt my phone buzz, I assumed she'd already created a group chat with us, plus Fitz and Simmons.

"Boom. Now our dorms are totally connected!" Skye grinned, putting her phone back down on the table.

Mack had on a smile, and Ward looked like he was being supportive, but no one else shared Skye's enthusiasm. Elena was texting someone and she'd already finished eating, and Hunter kept trying not to make eye contact with me, but it was painfully obvious whenever he looked at me.

I, personally, was slowly finishing up my food while keeping my peripheral vision focused on everyone else.

I felt someone, well, Hunter's foot graze against my ankle, and instinct kicked in and I kicked his leg, causing him to wince. Ward immediately noticed, but I didn't change my stance or positioning, so he didn't say anything.

"Well, it was nice having lunch with you." Ward finished up his conversation with Skye.

"I agree. We should do it again some time." Skye nodded.

Thankfully enough, lunch seemed to end faster than I thought it would, and pretty soon we were on our way out and back to the home store.

——————————
Atp I feel like I'm just writing filler chapters I'ma do a bit of a time jump and cut to when school actually starts like I said I would a few chapters ago.
Also I have plans and I'm very excited to bring them in but idk how long I want to wait before using them

Love you guysss !!