thirteen. ELENA

So

So.

I had a really shitty start to the school year.

After four months with Keller, apparently this new school was giving him 'more opportunities' that I didn't fit into.

Back at Orientation, I had gone to find him, only to find out that he'd been with this girl, Piper, or something. That was fine with me, she seemed chill. Apparently she was friends with his roommate, Davis, and he got along nicely with her much more than he ever got along with me.

But then, that night, he fucking broke up with me.

Over text when I left the building.

So of course I turn around and go back to find them.

However, when I confronted Piper about this, she was more upset than I was. She wasn't trying to lead him on or flirt, she was talking with her roommate and he happened to intercept their conversation and start talking to her by himself.

So his whole story was a lie.

I didn't really want to talk to him, so when we were standing around waiting for the bus and I made eye contact with him by accident, I immediately turned away.

When Daisy mentioned making a group chat with him, I tried to avoid that topic, and when he kept being considered my 'boyfriend', I didn't want to deny it. I liked him, truly. I hated that he was doing this to me.

Then he'd been trying to text me all day, and for some reason I couldn't bring myself to block his number so I just texted him back, telling him to leave me alone because I couldn't deal with his shit.

But he persisted.

.

"No phones in class."

My head shot up and I quickly put my phone down, apologizing.

"As I was saying, SHIELD Vehicles are nothing to be messed with. Most are loaded with differently designed guns and weapons that are loaded to fight off oncoming opposers."

My first class of the day was learning how to work with SHIELD Vehicles. Or, it was called 'Vehicle Controls'. It was supposed to teach you how to drive them as well as work in the back seats and trunks of them.

Apparently by the end of the first quarter, we'd be allowed to actually drive and manipulate them.

I sat next to Hunter since he was the only person in the class that I knew aside from Keller.

"So, the first assignment will be a simple survey on vehicles you've tested and actually driven in before, as well as the ones you're most comfortable in and which ones you don't want to work with." The professor stated as she handed out the papers.

.

The next class was Gun Training, but it was too early in the year to actually use guns so we were just watching videos of other agents using guns and writing notes.

Then it was Weights and Running, which was mostly just exaggerated gym work.

My last class was Undercover Training, which I once again had with Keller and Hunter.

This was the first class we were actually doing stuff. Although it wasn't anything too fun. It was kind of like a theater class but everything was improv and we weren't allowed to laugh at the jokes made. Also all of the mess ups were 'this could lead to life threatening situations' instead of 'oh fun let's try again!'

It wasn't too bad until I got paired with Keller.

And if that wasn't bad enough, Keller kept apologizing and saying he didn't really do anything bad since nothing actually happened. But he we're saying it as if it were part of the skit.

I bet the people watching were either enjoying the drama or incredibly confused as to what was happening.

On the bright side, our professor was absolutely enjoying the drama.

.

FINALLY day one was over.

Before Keller could talk to me though, I made my way out as quickly as possible. Surprisingly, I was actually really fast and I was able to avoid being talked to even though he was clearly jogging to keep up with me.

I didn't have much work to do since apparently all the actual work would start over the course of the first week, not just the first day.

Not super exciting though.

I made it to the dorm and immediately went to the bathroom, closing the door behind me and locking myself in.

I didn't know what to do.

The man who I thought loved me broke up with me cause of a girl who I was pretty sure was a lesbian.

The next day wasn't any better. It was only three classes, the ones that combined all three branches. My first class was Database Management, which was basically the part of Tech and Engineering that I had to take. It was fine for the most part.

I managed to get a seat next to Bobbi. All the chairs were positioned in groups of four so it was just the two of us, and I got extremely worried when I saw Keller walk into the class.

Thankfully, Hunter, who seemed to know about my situation since I had like every class with him apparently, noticed him too. He grabbed his roommate, Mack, and the two of them sat across from Bobbi and I. Hunter sat in front of me, Mack was in front of Bobbi.

I mouthed a 'thank you' to Hunter.

Computers were passed out around the class. Apparently they were paid for in the initial payment for the school, so we were all allowed to keep the computers until the end of the year. Although if anyone broke theirs, they'd have to buy a new one.

People like Mack, who actually took the Engineering and Technology branch, had fancier computers. I didn't really care about mine being too fancy, this was the only class I was using it in after all.

And after Database Management, I had hand to hand combat.

----------
Sorry I haven't been updating 😭. Ngl the only reason I'm continuing this story rn is cause I have this one scene in mind that I rly want to get to but I have to do all this school stuff first for character development ugh

Love you guys <3333