fourteen. BOBBI

Hand to Hand combat was my second class on Tuesdays and Thursdays

If I was being honest, it was one of my favorite classes.

For one, all of my roommates had it at the same time. For two, I enjoyed showing off my martial art skills. For three, the teacher seemed to like me.

Mrs. Barton, aka Agent 19, aka the Mockingbird, was tough. But she was really nice too

The class started off poorly the first time I was in there. Mostly because, not only were my dormmates there, so was Hunter and his dormmates. I was kind of annoyed with him thanks to the crap he pulled in the last class I had.

He'd found a seat for him and Mack. He seemed fine to sit there, then out of nowhere he comes and sits with me and Elena. I was confused until I saw Keller walk to where Hunter was previously sitting.

Hunter was making moves on Elena. Right in front of me. How shallow was he? She was in a literal relationship and he just didn't seem to give a shit. What's worse is Elena seemed happy about it??

So something was going on and I wanted to get to the bottom of it.

The classroom for Hand to Hand combat wasn't an actual class. It was a gymnasium. We had bleachers, but they weren't set up, so when I walked in, I just had to stand and wait.

Mrs. Barton had us stand with people in our branches so she could get an idea for who she would pair up with who.

With my luck, when Hunter came in, he ended up standing a few people away from me. I shifted where I was standing, moving over to him without rearranging where anyone else seemed to be standing. Only Hunter seemed to notice.

"Aw, want to be close to me, love? " He smirked with that stupid accent of his.

I elbowed him in the gut and he grunted silently, pressing his arm against the spot I hit him as a way to relieve the pain.

"The hell was that for?" He asked, trying to keep his voice down.

"Whatever you have going on with Elena, stop. There's no need to toy with her feelings." I stated through gritted teeth.

He looked confused.

"Nothing's going on between us!" He argued.

"Then what was that stunt you pulled last class? Moving desks so you could sit in front of her?" I asked back.

"I didn't think she should have to sit with her ex. I was trying to be nice and do her favor." Hunter replied.

Ex?

"What do you mean, ex?" I asked, now worrying that I had mistaken this entire situation.

"She and Keller. I assumed you knew." Hunter replied, crossing his arms.

"No? She never said—"

Mrs. Barton cleared her throat loudly.

I immediately turned my attention to her, accidentally making eye contact but knowing better than to look away. Thankfully she glanced away first.

"I assume you haven't been doing much in your other classes yet, but that won't be the case in here. I'm Mrs. Barton, your Hand to Hand combat instructor. I'm a retired SHIELD agent. I used to go by the title of the 'Mockingbird'. I won't go easy on anyone in here, especially not those from the soldier branch. I expect everyone to work hard and things will work out alright." Mrs. Barton gave her opening speech.

She continued.

"First, since you are all bunched up within your own branches, I trust you to choose your own partners for our first assignment. I'd like to start with a simple two step move and counter. It's one of the first things I learned, and it's very easy to build off of, so pair up. If anyone starts making a fool of themselves, I won't hesitate to switch your partners."

I glanced at Hunter, who offered me a hand as a way of saying 'partners?'. I rolled my eyes and turned away from him, going to find Skye or Elena or Simmons or someone else. Anyone OTHER than Hunter.

Thankfully, I found Ward. I had a lot of classes with him for Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, so I assumed he'd be fine with partnering up at least for today.

He accepted my request and we got ready to learn what Barton was teaching.

It didn't take long to learn the combo and counter. We went back and forth, taking turns on either the defense or offensive side.

"So what's going on between you and Skye?" I asked as I blocked his punch and mock-struck him in the stomach.

"I think she likes me. She keeps sending me pictures of black cats and telling me it reminds her of me." Ward replied as we readjusted our stance.

This time I threw the two punches and he caught it, mock-striking me in the stomach back.

"Do you like her? If not, tell her now. Don't play with her feelings." I replied.

"I won't. That was highschool me, I've matured." He defended himself.

"Mhm." I hummed, mock-striking him again.

"What's going on between you and Hunter? I saw the way you moved towards him at the beginning of class." Ward asked back, making me huff a bit as he blocked my second punch.

"Nothing. He's just acting like an idiot and for some reason we keep ending up running into each other." I replied, readying my stance to go again.

"Break!" Mrs. Barton called out, and all of us came to a halt.

I took my eyes off Ward so I could turn my attention to the coach teacher woman.

"New assignment. Switch partners."

——————————
I think I enjoy writing Bobbi and Hunter the most rn and idk why but I wouldn't be surprised if the next chapter was Hunter's perspective again

Love you guyssssss !!