Chapter 32 - Loss and Found

Previously:

"What do we do? What do we do?" I exclaimed repeatedly trying not to tremble at the pack of monsters in front of us.

*****

Lyra's POV

"Okay Lyra, I need you to listen to me. When I say run, run away as fast as you can, okay?" Krono said warily as he looked at the pack of monster before us.

"On the count of 3." I did not answer but just nodded my head not caring if he notice.

"1"

"2"

"3.... RUN!!!"

As soon as those words left Krono's lips, I heard him utter a spell while I sprinted as fast as I can, away from the direwolves.

"LUCENS!"

I did not look back at what happened to Krono. Just trying to get away from the monsters.

*****

Krono's POV

As soon as I shouted my spell, bright lights shone from my staff, hoping to blind the wolves from the light so, at least Lyra can get to safety.

I turn around and ran in the opposite direction of Lyra and making sure that the direwolves would follow me instead.

As I was running, I did not put to mind just how fast these monsters are, before I could put some distance between us, they were able to catch up to me as soon as the bright lights subsided.

"What a disaster this is."

I looked at the direwolves prowling around me like a predator to its prey.

As soon as the direwolves pounce on me, I raised my staff and casted spells left and right.

"FLAMMAE INDICIBUS"

"AQUA SCALPERE"

I shot a flaming bullets before they can fully get to me. It hit 2 or 3 direwolves but it was not enough as more monster continue to pounce on me. This time I use a water slicer to the wolves who are a bit closer, slicing there heads of.

As I continue to kill the direwolves, my back was suddenly engulf in pain as I felt the claw of one of the direwolf that escaped my sight, pierced at my back.

Before he can bit me off, I burn it with my flames.

"ARDEAT!"

With an injured back, I know that prolonging this might lead to my death. "So, I need to end this as soon as possible even if I drain all my energy."

"INFERNUM FLAMMA"

Black flames spread around me, burning  the direwolves as soon as the flame touched them. But I can feel my body beginning to get weaker.

"No, not yet. There are still some left." I poured all my energy and mana into the spell to extinguish all the remaining direwolves around.

"INFERNUM FLAMMA!"

As soon as the wolves are killed, this old body of mind collapsed from everything that happened.

"No, I don't have time to relax. I need to find Lyra before something bad happened to her."

I tried to stand up but I forgot about the injury that I had in my back.

"Due to the adrenaline, I forgot that I had this. But, I won't be able to heal this in my current state right now."

"MISTER KRONO!"

I looked up as I heard someone shouted my name and saw Lyra running towards me.

"Thank the heavens you are okay. I ran here as fast as I can when I heard an explosion. I know you told me to run but I was worried."