Chapter 19 - Ophiuchus' Betrayal [2]

Yay!! Like what I promised - Once I'm done with my exam, I'm going to update more than one chapter. So here it is, I hope you will like it. It's the continuation from the previous chapter. And it's still a flashback just so you know, you readers might get confuse. Well anyways, please comment and vote for this story. Thank you!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ophiuchus was standing there, holding a magical staff.

*****

"Headmaster, what's that?" Lyra asked, suddenly afraid.

"It's called 'Ex Sacris Virgam Celestia' or the 'Sacred Staff of Celestia'. It's really powerful. More powerful than the six legendary weapons. It can even kill the demon king and his demon general without needing the six legendary weapons. But it's impossible to wield, even the best of the best can't take the power of the staff. So we decided to seal it in a very isolated place where no one can find it..." The headmaster trailed off, looking at Ophiuchus with a mixture of sad and scared expression. "...But I'm afraid someone was able to found it and even use it. But what's worst is... It's used in the wrong hands." The headmaster finished sadly and looked at Lyra and back to Ophiuchus who was grinning madly at the chaos he cost.

"Lyra, listen to me! I want you to find Vela and Crux and evacuate all the civilians who stayed here. I don't want them to get hurt or worst... So please, keep them away from here." Headmaster Orion ordered. "B-but Headmaster..." Lyra stuttered and looked at the Headmaster's eyes. Lyra can see the sadness, regret, pain, and even blame in his eyes, so she gave a defeated sigh and slowly nodded her head. "Good! now go. And please be careful, My dear!" Headmaster exclaimed so Lyra ran trying to avoid the demons terrorizing the camp. She didn't turned around to see what might happen to the Headmaster.

*****

Lyra manage to avoid 5 demon soldiers and kill 1. She was having a hard time finding the twins. She was about to give up when suddenly...

A sword was about to struck her when it was suddenly block by another sword. She looked up and saw Crux fighting the demon soldier while Vela was behind them.

"You should really be careful Lyra, especially since when we're currently in a war right now." Crux said, slightly angry at Lyra. But she paid it no mind. "I'm glad I found the two of you." She exclaimed and quickly grab the twins.

"Wait! Lyra slow down. Where are we going?" Vela asked while trying to break free from Lyra's strong grip. "We need to evacuate the civilians." Lyra said as she ran even faster. "Why? We need to help them. The other knights need our help, especially a time like this." Vela said.

"I also want to help them...But we can't. Headmaster Orion asked me to find you two and evacuate the citizens. It pains my heart to see them like this. I really want to help them but the Headmaster asked me to do this." Lyra sadly exclaimed as tears slowly trickled down her face.

"Lyra..." Vela mumbled softly then suddenly she grab the girl's hand. "It's okay Lyra! We understand. Now let's go!" Vela softly tugged the girl's hand while smiling softly. Crux's face softened at the scene while quietly following behind them.

*****

"Now what?" Vela softly asked. They just finished evacuating the civilians away from the chaos.

"I'm going to go back to the camp and check the others." Lyra exclaimed when Vela suddenly grab her arm. "But Lyra, it's too dangerous out there.Take us with you." Vela said while Crux slowly nodded his head. "No! Like you said, it's too dangerous. And I want you two to keep them safe." Lyra exclaimed while motioning to the people behind them.

"But Lyra... What about you?" Crux asked, for the first time since they got there. "Don't worry about me. I can take care of myself. I promise" Lyra answered, smiling softly. "Okay! but be careful okay?" Vela said, well more like ordered while squeezing her in a tight hug.

When Vela let go of her, she gave a soft smile to both Vela and Crux and then went back towards the camp.

*****

When Lyra got back at the camp, it was already too late. Nobody was there. The camp was covered in too much blood but she managed to clean it.

She went to the temple and try to call for the Headmaster, anyone from the court or just someone but unfortunately no one answered or even call back to her.

(FLASHBACK ENDS)

*****

"...And then the six of you came back and you know the rest." Lyra finished while looking down at her feet. She don't want to look up and see their reactions. She's afraid that they would start blaming her for what happened since she thought it's her fault for not telling the Headmaster about Ophiuchus. Her fault for not comforting him that day and told him that what Hydra said was a lie. But she didn't... and now this happened.

"Lyra looked at us." Capricorn said but Lyra just shook her head in defiance. "Lyra, look at us." Capricorn said for the second time but Lyra wouldn't still look up.

"Why would you not look at us?" Capricorn asked as she slowly lift the girl's face. They can see the tears pouring down her blue eyes. "Lyra , please answer me." Capricorn mumbled softly as he wipe the girl's tears.

"Because It's my fault this happened. I should've comforted Ophiuchus that day and told him that what Hydra said to him was a lie. That all of you wouldn't do that. I should've done something that day, maybe tell Headmaster but I didn't. It's all my fault." Lyra sobbed as Cancer and Pisces quickly rushed to her side.

"Shh! It's okay honey! It's not your fault. If anyone's to blame here, it's that Hydra. She manipulated Ophiuchus' mind. It's not your fault honey! Please stop crying." Cancer comforted her while rubbing small circles to her back. "Shh! Please stop crying."

Capricorn stood up and left the weeping girl to the hands of both Cancer and Pisces since he know the two of them can calm her down. "So what are we going to do Cap??" Taurus asked as they got farther away from the weeping girl.

"We must take action immediately." Capricorn answered, looking determined. "Wait you mean..." Virgo trailed off while Capricorn nodded his head. "Uh-huh, we are going to attack them tonight."

****

A/N:

So how was it? I hope you enjoyed it? So Ophiuchus' Betrayal is done. Is it too fast?? I'm really sorry, I was really having a hard time but anyway please stay tuned for the next chapter. So please comment and vote. Thank you!!

COMMENT

VOTE

FOLLOW

Arissa_chan!!