Chapter 18 - Ophiuchus' Betrayal [1]

Yay!! Chapter 18 is done. I hope you will like it. Please leave your comment below and if you happen to like this please vote. Thank you!!
___________________________________________________________________________________

Third Person's POV:

"It all started after the six of you left..." Lyra began as they all sat down under the tree.

*****

(FLASHBACK)

Ophiuchus watched as the six knights disappear from the camp to search for the six legendary weapons. He bow down his head. His eyes burned with an emotion he didn't know he had. Jealousy.

"Ophiuchus,-" He looked up when Headmaster Orion called. "-remember what I told you." Ophiuchus nodded his head and watched the headmaster started walking back to the temple.

'Why am I feeling this way' Ophiuchus thought. 'I need to get out of here.' Ophiuchus started walking away from the camp, not knowing someone was following him.

*****

Ophiuchus just keep on walking, not caring where his feet might take him. Not caring if someone might be looking for him or someone might saw him. He just keep on walking forward.

While Ophiuchus was keep on walking through the forest, he didn't saw or hear a blue haired knight - following him around the forest. "Where is he going?" Lyra softly asked no one in particular - looking at Ophiuchus' form while trying to hide behind the trees.

Lyra was about to walk to another hiding spot when Ophiuchus suddenly stopped and looked around the forest. "Who's there? Show yourself." He exclaimed. Lyra suddenly panicked thinking Ophiuchus might have caught her following him when suddenly something different came up. "I'm quite surprise it took you long enough to notice me. I'm disappointed in you Ophiuchus. This might be the other reason why Orion didn't send you with me. Such a shame!" A chilling voice suddenly spoke out of nowhere which made Lyra stop in her tracks.

"Who are you and how do you know me?" Ophiuchus asked. "Believe me, I know everything about you Ophiuchus. And for your first question..." The chilling voice trailed off and a girl with silver long hair and red eyes came out. Lyra gasped and quickly covered her mouth before they can hear her.

When the silver haired girl came out, Ophiuchus suddenly became alarmed and quickly unsheathe his sword. But the silver haired girl just stood calmly and spoke with the same chilling voice. "Oh, don't worry! I'm not your enemy Ophiuchus. I can assure you." She raised both her hands in a surrender way. "Then who are you and what do you want?" Ophiuchus asked, pointing his sword at her throat but the girl just swat it away with her hands.

"My name is Hydra. And I want your help." The girl, known as Hydra, answered. "Help? What kind of help?" Ophiuchus asked confuse. "I want you help in destroying everyone, including the demon king and his so called demon generals. I want your help in ruling Celestia." Hydra gritted out.

"And why would I help you? I was trained to destroy your kind, not the other way round. And if I help you, how would that benefit me?" Ophiuchus asked but Hydra just smirked at him. "I know you'll join. Because look at what they've done to you. Orion thinks your not worthy to wield one of the power of the legendary weapons and to think your one of his best knight. And your best friend, Capricorn, didn't even think of how you feel. Is that what you call true friendship!? And besides, if you help me, you will also rule by my side. And no one will underestimate you anymore. Everyone will respect you, will fear you, will remember you like what you've always wanted your whole life." Hydra grin as she saw the confusion, sadness, hurt and especially anger in Ophiuchus' eyes.

"I'll let you think about it. And if you already decided, you know where to find me." Hydra said and just like that she was gone in a poof. Lyra watched as the tears trickle down Ophiuchus' face. She want to comfort him but just afraid to do so. In a state like that, she don't want Ophiuchus to know she was following him. She just watch him howl in anger. In pain.

*****

After that encounter with Hydra, Lyra keep on checking on Ophiuchus and saw all the changes in him. It's like after that encounter, he suddenly changed... but for the worst.

He's always getting angry with the knights whenever they did something bad or even just a tiny mistake. He also became aloof. He don't speak to anyone at all. And especially, he was always gone in the camp. During practice or assembly, he don't show up at all. They only saw him when the morning rise and during the time they sleep. At first, Lyra only thought that maybe since he was really hurt, it would take time to heal but as more days passed by, it only grow worst.

Until one day...

*****

The knights were all practicing when suddenly they saw Ophiuchus. But what really shocked them was, he was leading an army. An army of Demons. The one thing they all vow to exterminate.

"Ophiuchus, what's the meaning of this?" Headmaster Orion asked. "What do you think is happening?!? I mean, I know your not that dumb despite being old." Ophiuchus grinned and you can see his sharp canine teeth, glinting in a dangerous manner. 'Wait? Sharp canine teeth?' Lyra thought, confuse.

"I see, so you became one of them. You became the one thing you hate. You became a demon." Headmaster Orion exclaimed which earn a gasped from the knights. "Well, not exactly a demon but more of a half demon. But despite being a half demon, I got one thing that these demons don't" Ophiuchus grinned wickedly.

"And what is it?" Headmaster asked. Ophiuchus grinned grew even bigger, if that's possible. "Curious are we? But okay! I'll still tell you..." Ophiuchus trailed off for a second then spoke.

"I have magic."

And with that said Ophiuchus suddenly glow in dark red. "Ego Conjuro Te de Sacro Virgam Celestia." Ophiuchus recited.

As Orion heard the words Ophiuchus recited, he slightly panic and spoke in disbelief. "No, it can't be. He can't have it." Lyra looked at the Headmaster. "What do you mean Headmaster?" Lyra asked. The headmaster looked at Lyra and then to Lyra's back, he's eyes widen at what he saw. "The sacred staff of Celestia."

Lyra looked at her back and her eyes also widen at what she saw. Ophiuchus was standing there, holding a red and black magical staff with intricate design and a glowing ruby at the top of it. (Just look at the picture. Don't know how to describe it.)

)

*****

A/N:

So what do you think of chapter 18? Was is good? Is it okay?? Do I have any mistake? Well, I just hope you liked it. So I finally revealed how Ophiuchus betrayed them but it's not done yet, there's a part two for that so please stay tune. And did you see that coming?? Well, I certainly did because duh, I'm the author of course I'll know what's going to happen. Well anyways, thank you for your patience. I really hope you enjoyed it. And please don't forget to leave your comment below and also please vote. Thank you!

COMMENT

VOTE

FOLLOW

Arissa_chan!!