Chapter 9

(Beacon Academy)

A couple of days since the Paladin fight, Y/N and his team had just finish with classes. Team RWBY plan on going on a girl's night out with Pyrrha and Nora. As Y/N wave them goodbye, he heads back to his dorm room, realizing that he's got free time.

Y/N: ("Well, time to tune Crimson and Violet. Also, do some adjustment on my gauntlets.")

After a few minutes of tuning his weapons, he hears a knock on the door. Y/N's eyes widen a bit, wondering who is it. Y/N goes to answer the door only to reveal Jaune and Ren. 

Y/N: "H-Hey guys. What brings you here?"

Ren: "We overheard that the girls are having a 'girl's night out.'"

Jaune: "So, we decide to have our own boy's night out too. You wanna join us?" 

Y/N: "I... uh... well..."

Jaune: "We even brought Sun and his team."

Y/N: "What?"

Peeking over the doorframe is Team SSSN (Season) as they smile and wave him hello. 

Sun: "Sup, Y/N."

Y/N: "H-Hey..."

From what Y/N can recall, he always become nervous in this type of scenario, hanging out with a bunch of guy friends. Sure, he hang out with Jaune and Ren before, but when there's a whole group of them, all wanting to hang out with him, Y/N slowly becomes anxious and start to second guess himself. That's why he would always come up with believable excuses like doing schoolwork, doing training, or having to visit a professor for whatever reasons. 

Y/N: "A boys' night out, huh?"

Sun: "Yeah, what do you say?"

Y/N becomes conflicted. Should he just make another excuse or does he actually go with them. Mentally sighing to himself and mustering up his courage, Y/N responds back.

Y/N: "S-Sure, I'll join."

Neptune: "Yeah!"

Jaune: "Alright! We'll meet up at the courtyard ASAP."

Scarlet: "I'm looking forward to this."

Y/N: "Y-Yeah, so am I."

Sage: "Well, see you all later."

After that, Y/N soon decide to pick what to wear for a few moments before picking what he believes to be most casual and comfortable to wear.

After several minutes, Y/N gets ready to meet up with others as he ponders to himself.

Y/N: ("Okay. Calm down. Just act casual. We're just hanging out... I should be... fine...")

Anxiety and fear begin to swell up inside of him as he begins to worry about the whole boys' night out.

Y/N: ("What if ends terribly? What if it ends up being awkward because of me? What if I say or did something wrong? What if they think I'm... strange somehow? What if I'm responsible over some heated argument?")