Chapter 12

More than a week has passed since the Paladin fight and life at Beacon has been relatively the same. Pyrrha's daily routine consists of going to classes, hanging out with her friends, getting exhausted when training with Jaune and Y/N, and during all of this, some fans of hers come up to her after certain classes to get her autographs, which Y/N would sometimes tease her over it, making her blush a bit. Regardless, it was the same as usual, until...

(Oobleck's Class aka World History)

Oobleck: "Alright, students! I'm assigning you all for a partner project covering how the Great War of Remnant led to the Faunus rebellion

Oobleck: "Alright, students! I'm assigning you all for a partner project covering how the Great War of Remnant led to the Faunus rebellion. This will be one of the final assignments for the year."

The students begin to talk with one another over this project until Oobleck clear his throat to gain their attention and resume his explanation. 

Oobleck: "The condition for this project is that the partner cannot be from one's own team. It must be someone else from another team."

Students begin to groan and complain a little about this, while a certain pair of teams are more excited about it than the rest. 

Oobleck: "This condition is to encourage understanding and communication between members outside of your own teams. Now, quickly, go find someone to pair off with."

While most of the students reluctantly get up from their seats and try to find someone to pair off with, Team RWBY+Y/N and Team JNPR are excited about being pair off with one another. 

Y/N: ("Yes! Thank the gods!")

Ruby: "Alright, guys! Time to draw straws!"

As she said this, Ruby takes out a bundle of straws with her two hands. The two team prepare to take reach for their straw.

Ruby: "Ready and..."

Everyone: "Go!"

The two teams look at the number on their straws and the results are in.

Ruby: "Yeah! I'm paired with Pyrrha!"

Nora: "Heck yeah, Blake! You're with me!"

Blake: "Y-Yeah?"

Yang: "Looks like we're partner now, my fellow blondie."

Jaune: "Aw man, I wanted to be paired off with Weiss."

Pyrrha takes that heart-wrenching complaint in stride with an awkward smile as she tries to comfort Jaune. Weiss look at her straw before looking at Ren.

Ren: "Seems like I'm paired with you, Weiss."

Weiss: "Yeah... seems like it."

The heiress looks over to see Y/N, holding his straw and looking at the number 0, which none of his friends have. Ruby and the others also realize that Y/N is basically have no one to pair with. Noticing their gaze, Y/N laugh embarrassingly as he scratches his hair.