Chapter 25

(Nighttime)

General Ironwood looking out from Beacon's landing docks to the city of Vale, a few airships hovering over the lit-up buildings. The man stands firmly as he watches his fleet fly above him. Walking up from behind him is Glynda.

 Walking up from behind him is Glynda

Glynda: "Having trouble sleeping?"

Ironwood turned, slightly surprised to see Glynda, gripping his arm with his other hand as he formulates a response.

Ironwood: "Arm was acting up."

Glynda: "Of course, so logically, you got out of bed, dressed yourself completely and decided to gaze menacingly out into the distance."

As she said that last part, she approaches all the way to his side, then looks back at him with concern.

Glynda: "What's wrong, James?"

Ironwood: "I've trusted him for years. We both have. I just... I can't help but feel like he's keeping us in the dark."

Glynda: "Don't be ridiculous! You know very well that 'we' are not the ones in the dark."

Ironwood: "That makes it worse! I refuse to believe that a man that I've trusted for so long would act so... passively."

In response, Glynda puts a reassuring hand on her friend's shoulder.

Glynda: "You're a good person, James. You've always done what you think is best for the people, even against strong protest. It's admirable. But it's high time you stopped talking about trust and started showing it."

She then drops her hand as they stare into the distance together.

Glynda: "Ozpin has experience that the rest of us lack. And I think that's something worth remembering."

Ironwood: "I see... Glynda?"

Glynda: "What is it?"

Ironwood: "Did you ask Ozpin why he brought Mr. L/N into 'our group'?"

Glynda: "It's because of his connection with Qrow and the Council would've had him executed."

Ironwood: "I understand that. But why? What is so important for Ozpin to have Mr. L/N to get involve in this?"

Glynda: "I... well..."

The blonde woman tries to come up with a response, but nothing comes out. The general just sighs at this and begins to walk off.

Ironwood: "I'll be going now."

(Meanwhile)

The full, but shattered moon is shining over the ruined buildings of Mountain Glenn in the night sky, and a lone Beowolf is searching through the rubble. It looks up briefly at Ruby who has it in her red crosshair scope, but Ruby just lowers Crescent Rose and sighs in tiredness at she keeps lookout over the destruction. The rest of her team is lying down on their sleeping mats around the fire with weapons nearby, and Oobleck is higher up, slumped down against the wall next to the hole in the ceiling/floor. Ruby looks back at her team for a moment before looking out. The other members of RWBY+Y/N have their eyes closed, but Yang is the first to stop pretending, glancing over to Blake.