Chapter 23

Back at the cliffside docks, Team RWBY+Y/N are still shock and disbelief upon seeing the huntsman they're going to shadow for the week.

Y/N: "What the hell...?"

Weiss: "Professor Oobleck?"

As usual, Oobleck speak quickly as he paces back and forth to each of them.

Oobleck: "Yes, I'm afraid those bags won't be necessary, girls, seeing as you've opted to shadow a huntsman on what is now essentially a reconnaissance mission. I can assure you; we will not be establishing a single base of operations; rather, we will be traversing several miles of hazardous wasteland and making camp in any defendable locations we may stumble upon. I packed all of our essentials myself, plotted our air course, and readied the airship. And..."

The man zooms up right to Weiss' face.

Oobleck: "It's 'Doctor' Oobleck. I didn't earn my PHD for fun, thank you very much!"

He quickly backs away. Weiss looks over at Blake, who is equally disturbed.

Weiss: "Uhm..."

Oobleck: "Come now, children. According to my schedule, we are already three minutes behind schedule!"

The man zips off to the airship docked farther ahead in a second, waiting for his student's arrival. The team just stare after the speedy doctor before Ruby does her best to be positive and upbeat about this.

Ruby: "Well... alright then! Looks like we're going to save the world with... Doctor Oooobeleck..."

Facepalming at this point, Y/N comments. 

Y/N: "Please, stop it, Rubes."

Ruby then slumps down.

Ruby: "Okay yeah, when I say it out loud it sounds bad."

Nora: "Save the world?!?"

The team turns around to see Nora and the rest of Team JNPR approaching them from behind.

Nora: "You're going on world-saving missions without us? I'm hurt... sad! Maybe a little hungry? That last one's not your fault, though, Ren..."

Ren, for his part, simply crosses his arms and turns away.

Jaune: "Sounds exciting. Where you guys going?"

Ruby: "Oh, just outside the kingdom."

Nora: "Hey! So are we."

Yang: "That's nice to hear."

Pyrrha: "We're shadowing a hunting guild of a nearby village."

Ren: "We set out tomorrow."

Y/N: "Neat."

Neptune: "Then you can party with us tonight!"

All eyes turn towards the approaching Neptune and Sun. 

Neptune: "We're shadowing a police attaché. All inner-city detectives stuff."

Sun: "We normally go to the city with you guys, which means stuff's always exploding and junk, so we thought this might be a better way to check out the kingdom when it's, you know... normal."

Ruby: "Well-"

Her words are cut out by the sudden yelling of Oobleck, calling out to Team RWBY+Y/N.

Oobleck: "Four minutes, ladies and gent!"

Team RWBY+Y/N are a little embarrassed by the abrupt call out.

Pyrrha: "Isn't that...?"

With a sigh, Y/N is quick to reply.