two

- n e w  p e o p l e -

      Ivory sucked a startled breath. She didn't know exactly what she'd gotten herself into until she took her first and brave step onto such unknown territory. There had been a loud crash. She pressed a hand over her mouth and her bright blue eyes grew wide.

       There was a woman who took upon a stern and an almost frustrated look on her face. She was dressed all in black and had hair like fire, cut straight to her back, with bangs. Ivory could tell she was breathing deeply. This was Trissa.

       On the floor laid a man on a broken a table. He had sort of long black hair that reached below his ears and dazzling green eyes. He grunted in pain. This was Dominic.

       Trissa let a hand out for Dominic's use as he tried to stand up. When he took her hand, Dominic quickly brought her to the ground with him.

       When she was down, Dominic pinned her down and was about to strike when he saw Aideen. And he smiled, teeth showing and all.

       "Aideen!" By this time, Trissa broke free from Dominic and pushed him to the side. Dominic still had his eyes on Aideen and under his breath, said, "You're back."

       Breaking out of his trance, he noticed Ivory, her hands together and eyes searching for familiarity. He didn't ask about her but it was only a matter of minutes before he would. But for the time being, he only stood up and practically ran to hug Aideen.

       "Hey, what did I say about the fighting?" She pushed away from him. He smiled. "God, sometimes I don't know whether it's real or not..." Dominic was about to say something but Aideen was distracted by something behind him.

       She moved ahead of him. "If I see any broken dishes...Just you wait." There was a touch of irritability in her voice.

       Dominic finally saw Ivory. Up close, she could see him better. There was a scar that fell diagonally one of his eyes. It must have been there for a long time since it was barely noticeable. It made her nervous and she wished she could just become a ghost, invisible to everything.

       He left his mouth hanging for he couldn't say anything once Aideen started talking.

       "Oh!" She continued. "The table, really?" She sighed, dramatically with a hand on her forehead. "Do you know how much—never mind. It's like I'm talking to two five-year-olds," she groaned.

       "Have you forgotten about me?" Aideen turned around. Trissa, slightly smiling, gave out a hand. "Or has three weeks really been too long?"

       Aideen genuinely smiled. "Of course not. How could I ever?" Aideen shook her hand rather slowly like she was trying to make the moment last more than it should.

       "Who are you?" Ivory was too busy watching Aideen and Trissa reuniting that she didn't notice Dominic, close to her, whispering to her.

       Trissa and Aideen were talking about things about the past that Ivory of course couldn't know about. She shrugged at his question. He stared at her. Ivory didn't know how else to respond.

       Aideen was whispering to Trissa as if she was hiding something from me. They were side by side. "You wouldn't believe what I saw over there. I even brought it with me after trying so hard to pull it off the ground." Trissa stopped her, stopped her from walking and talking.

       Trissa quickly pushed an arm in front of Aideen. She looked straight ahead, looked at Ivory. Trissa cleared her throat. "There's something that needs explaining."