eight

I didn't want to travel while I was so sleepy. So once I got on the bus, I took a slight nap, dreaming about nothing. Instead of moving by plane, I took all the buses it took to get to Magie Creek. After I arrived, I just walked to find my house.

        There was the town's highschool that I never went to because I was homeschooled. It was one of the thing I wished I had. I would have had more friends and be more normal if I actually went to school instead learning by my father's words.

        Before I reached my destination, my wandered into thoughts. Things like how everybody must be reacting when they realized I was gone for good. 

        I pushed my hand into my jacket pocket only to find a rotten apple in my hand. I had forgotten that I left it there. It might have been disgusting and gross to eat it so I made the best choice to throw away the bad apple.

        Nevertheless, the apple made me think about Dash and beautiful hazel eyes. I wondered what was his reaction when I left. Of all the people, why did I care more importantly about what was his reaction was than all the others?

        Did I actually like him that way? And if I did, why did I make the stupid mistake of not kissing him back?

        I didn't get the chance to investigate myself because I had other business to attend to.

        I stopped and stared. 

        The familar house stood in front of me in all its glory. Out of the other houses, this was by far the cleanest. None of other houses were as huge or white like this one in Magie Creek.

        Memories came pushing in. I recalled the times I spent in the broken, enormous house. I remembered the first day he bought me my last ice cream cone. The first day he splashed boiling hot water on my arms while I screamed. The first day he told me I wasn't strong enough. The first day I stopped seeing him as a man, especially not a father. The first day I saw him as a monster. 

        I took a deep breath before taking my first step into the treacherous past.

        The door wasn't locked or even closed properly for that matter. I pulled it and opened myself to the familiar, dizzy aroma. 

        Everything was as expected; same living room with its big screen tv and white couchs, small kitchen with its refrigerator, stove, microwave,  and other device that resembled the color white, and the same bedroom with a pink bed and closet. 

        The only thing that was missing was Him. I walked up to his room where the door was slightly opened. I peeked to see that he was replaced by papers scattered throughout the floor and a desk looking like it was thrown to the wall.

        The moment I knew he wasn't here, I had the courage to open the door all the way.

        I could only recollect three moments in which I have seen this room: Out of curosity when he was gone. When he brought me to scold nicely at a very small age. And when I brave enough to lock him in inside his room to buy myself time to jump and run.

        The room looked like it belonged to a madman, not that he wasn't one already. Out of the three times I've seen the room, I could say that it was a normal, neat, and white room just like the others. But now, everything was scattered and broken.

        I picked up a few pages off the floor to find the words Find Her written everywhere. My neatness personality took ahold of me and went to set the papers on the bed.

        I stared and pressed my hands on the wall. Unrecognizable words were written all over it. I tried to understand but I just couldn't. The words were too small and too thin. The sentences stepped over each other. It was just too much.

        I lost all hope for anything. I gave myself a little recap: I had some sort of power that meant Abled. I know and at the same time I don't. Somehow I got amnesia along the way. I went to some sort of elf court got a letter for a meeting next week. How formal. I thought the best way for me to have a clear understanding of who I was was to meet the man I came from but he is a no-show. Great. 

        The only thing left would be to go back to the others and go to that appointment. I didn't take that much time. Maybe Dom didn't tell them yet and I could just slip in like nothing happened. 

        I was about to walk out of room when I looked to the side of the door. Ivory's Mind was written at the center with a blue heart drawn around it. I walked up to it, completely perplexed. When I touched it, I had the sudden urge to look behind. And that's when I saw it. I didn't before because I was just too close. But it was when I was standing here that in the wall across, I saw an address written so large filling up the whole wall. 1538 Memory Lane. 

        My phone ringed and I took out while still staring at the mysterious address.

        "Yes, hello?" I spoke.

        "How'd it go with your dad and all?" Dom was speaking. "Did you find what you were looking for?"

        "Not really. He wasn't here."

        "Bummer. Hey, remember that appointment we had be in for next week to check what's in your head?"

        "Yeah?"

        "Well, An-a friend told me that there's a better person to visit. A Dr. ForgetMeNot . . ." I smiled and chucked at the name. 

        "Do you want to come back?" He then added, "I told the others and they were really mad that you didn't say anything to them before you left- but they're also really, really sad that you're not here."

        "I'll be there." I hanged up looking at the address I knew would become a kept secret.