eleven

The scent of the room came to me, slowly bringing me back to reality. Both my eyes quickly opened fast. It took my body a few moments to react. Shockingly, I was in a lot of pain for just coming out of a dream.

I looked around for anybody and there wasn't. This reminded me of my dream. What I experienced just felt so real and lucid. It was all so vivid . . .

I got up and peeked out the window. Light was brightening through. I glaced then to the alarm clock besides me.

11:21 AM

I had slept for a long time but it felt like it should have been more, more like a lifetime.

I headed to the living room where I saw the doctor and Aideen talking. "Hey, how you doing?"

"I taste cranberries," I said, moving my mouth.

"Yeah. That so happens to be one of the side effects," the doctor said.

I saw that I could have interrupted something. He and Aideen looked to be having a pretty serious conversation.

"Well, I have to be going now," Dr. ForgetMeNot said and sighed. He already had his gloves on and went to grab his suitcase.

"I'll be seeing you soon." I don't know whether he meant that to me or to Aideen.

The moment he left through the door, I began to wonder. If I had been asleep for the whole, did he do it do? Did he even sleep? It looked like he didn't sleep. It looked like for the whole night he talked to Aideen.

I couldn't see it on his face because the eyes were hidden by the sunglasses but on Aideen, it was very noticeable.

I looked at Aideen who had just taken a seat on a couch, thinking about something very deep.

I took it into notice that the apartment was a little less noisy. "Where are Dom and Trissa?"

"They went to get "breakfast" but I don't think so." She said looking at the door. "I really don't think so," she muttered mostly to herself.

"Aideen, who's Sasha?" I remembered hearing Trissa shout the name to Dom yesterday.

She was a little taken back with what I said and so took a moment to form the right words. "You know there's us, right?"

"Abled." That's the only thing I could say about them.

"Yeah. We're good people, Ivory. Or at last I would think so. Anyways, there are other people out there with the same abilities like us except . . ."

"They're not good?" I tried to guess.

She nodded and rested her hands on her face. Aideen was having headache.

I could just imagine people like Trissa and Aideen, people like Dom become somewhat evil and I couldn't. All that power for evil intentions would put world to chaos, maybe start a war.

"Then who's Sasha?"

" Well, Sasha Rewnit. She runs a gang over in Brooklyn. She's like you, with the ablitiy of ice."

"Oh God, if they don't come back in at least twenty minutes, I'm gonna . . ." She trailed off speaking to no one in particular. Her worring went to her eyes and followed to the feet.

"Excuse me; I have to go." She picked up her jacket and without looking at me, left out the door.

I sat down taking in the thought that I was officially by myself. My phone vibrated. I checked it.

Don't forget to remember.

That's all it said. The date the message was sent from was 1996. And to make the matter more confusing, it was sent by a J.V. I really didn't regonize the person. But all that didn't matter because the moment I looked at the message, everything that happened came back to me.

I looked through my phone, this time with someone in my mind. Taking a deep breathe, I called the number.

I waited. Was there a possibly that he could have known? No . . . Yes? Maybe, I don't know.

He finally picked up the phone. "Yes? Dash Iscar speaking."