One

"Shit!" Jimin awoke to the overwhelming smell of something burning filling his nostrils, pulling him from his slumber. He was only going to take a five-minute nap, he had to leave soon to meet Taehyung at the club for drinks. Taehyung had just come back from his trip to South Korea to visit his parents and Jimin could barely wait to see his best friend for the first time in almost four months, he'd been lonely without his partner in crime.

He sighed, leaning against the deteriorating counter in his small kitchen while holding his pot of now heavily burnt pasta. Why can't you just sleep like a normal person instead of falling asleep at times like these? Jimin silently cursed at his stupidity and the fact that he almost never slept. He lays awake staring at his relatively boring ceiling nightly, it had become a routine recently.

What was he supposed to do now? He didn't have time to cook a new pot of pasta, let alone he wouldn't trust himself with the responsibility again of staying awake long enough to watch it. He ran a frustrated hand through the fringe of his black hair that fell just short of his eyes and was teetering on the greasy side. He knew he definitely didn't have time for a shower. He just wanted to look good for Taehyung, which was rapidly becoming an obsolete thought in his jumbled mess of a mind.

Leaving the burnt pot on the counter, Jimin got ready as quickly as possible. He tried to keep his outfit simple yet appealing. He wasn't quite sure why he was trying to impress his best friend so much. Maybe because he had missed his Taehyung dearly and wanted to show him that he could keep himself together in the boy's absence; which was untrue as can be. After graduation, all of Jimin's friends went onto traveling or getting a stable job or getting into a serious relationship while Jimin was left behind. He was barely staying afloat even if he carried himself highly and never made it apparent that he was drowning in himself.

Keys? Where are my keys? The brown eyed boy searched frantically, practically tearing his apartment apart from top to bottom. This was Jimin's everyday life. He couldn't keep himself together. He was getting tired of feeling like this, his will power to go on was wearing incredibly thin as of recent. He found his keys, under a couch cushion in the living room, which was an extremely bizarre place to store keys. And he stood over the couch, momentarily flabbergasted at his lack of functionality.

He got in his car, which started right away surprisingly. The hunk of rust with four wheels was never dependable. Though it was all Jimin had, he couldn't afford anything else. The luxurious life of a recent college graduate without a dependent job. He was a musician, which of course was not a great path to the road of success and riches unless you were lucky. And Jimin was anything but lucky.

Eventually, he made it to the club, only ten minutes late. He had been known to be late to everything ever since he could drive himself. Jimin entered the night club, florescent lights flashing in his face while blaring dance music bombarded his ears. Why did Taehyung think this was a good place to talk to someone?

Jimin squinted, barely able to see through the constant flashing of the lights. He eventually found his friend at a small table in the corner of the packed club. He paused for a moment, there was someone else at the table. Taehyung didn't say anyone else was coming? Who was he with? Jimin was slightly disappointed, he thought it would just be himself and his closest friend.

"Jimin!" Taehyung yelled, waving at his barely elder peer. He stood, spreading his arms wide to welcome Jimin into his embrace. Jimin's worries faded as he happily accepted Taehyung's offer, tightly wrapping himself around his best friend.

"I missed you." Jimin whispered into the younger's shoulder as they continued to hug each other. To the outside eye, the hug may have lasted a little too long, especially to the boy sitting at the dimly lit table beside them that looked suspiciously at the two. But to the pair it was a long needed embrace from all the time they spent away from each other. Jimin needed Taehyung and he hadn't been there and now that he was back, Jimin felt as if he could fight off the bad thoughts for just a little while longer.