If You Do

The next week snuck up quickly. Jimin was performing his new song that night and he couldn't have been more nervous. Especially since Jungkook had been distant lately. Since Taehyung had come over, Jungkook had been almost avoiding Jimin. If Jimin sat down on the couch beside the younger, Jungkook would move to the other side of the couch or get up and move into another room. Physical contact was non existent and Jimin was being driven crazy. All he wanted was to be in Jungkook's arms once again.

Jimin's nerves were getting the better of him; causing his erratic sleep pattern to disappear the night before. After tossing and turning for what seemed like hours, Jimin decided on staring up at the ceiling and letting his thoughts consume him.

Is Jungkook mad at me? Did I do something wrong? The elder racked his brain for a reason that the younger would pull away from him all of a sudden.

"You know what, fuck it." Jimin whispered, rising from his bed. If Jungkook wouldn't come to Jimin, Jimin would go to Jungkook.

He snuck into the living room quietly, finding Jungkook deep in slumber on the couch. He hated that Jungkook still slept there, he wished the younger would in his bed with him at night.

Jimin kneeled in front of the younger, smiling. He had always thought Jungkook looked beautiful while sleeping. He brushed a piece of stray hair out of the boy's face and very carefully positioned himself on the couch next to the younger.

Jimin knew Jungkook was a heavy sleeper so he wouldn't even notice that the elder slipped into bed with him. Instead, Jungkook's body felt the heat that the elder radiated and moved towards Jimin. Jimin smiled, carefully wrapping one of Jungkook's arms around him before snuggling into the younger's chest. Jimin exhaled in content, this is all he wanted. He focused on the rise and fall of Jungkook's chest before matching it and drifting off to sleep.

Jungkook awoke early in the morning and snuggled into the elder's arm more. Then he realized who's arms were around him and stealthily escaped Jimin's grasp without waking him. Guess now's a better time than later to get up.

He padded into the kitchen and got a glass of water. The only thought on his brain was Jimin and it was consuming him; eating him alive. His body ached for Jimin's touch. But he felt second in the elder's life and he didn't like it. Now that Taehyung was back, Jungkook felt himself being pushed away from the elder. So he was doing himself a favor by distancing himself so when Jimin asked him to leave he'd be able to go without hurt feelings. But he was killing himself in the process.

He sat at the table for a couple of hours, getting lost in his jumbled up thoughts. He dozed off a few times leaning against his arm but would wake himself up every time.

Jimin woke up with a frown. He was cold and Jungkook had once again moved away. His attempt to get close to Jungkook had once again failed. He was starting to get fed up with this. Jungkook wouldn't even tell him what he had done wrong and it was driving him insane.

When he entered the kitchen, Jungkook was eating a bowl of cereal at the table and Jimin joined him, doing the same. Though he wasn't hungry. The thought of Jungkook being angry at him was making him feel sick so he pushed his cereal around the bowl more than anything.

They ate in silence, Jungkook stared into his bowl for most of the time.

"Are you excited for tonight?" Jimin asked. He couldn't take anymore silence. Jungkook just nodded. Jimin sighed.

"Jungkook, what did I do to make you ignore me?"

"Nothing."

"I know you're lying. What's wrong? You've barely spoken to me in a week."