Loser

Jimin and Taehyung hadn't spoken to each in a week. Jimin was still too angry with his best friend to talk to him. Jimin hadn't talked to anyone since then for that matter. Except for Jungkook.

Jungkook became Jimin's closest friend almost immediately. Jimin was incredibly fond of the younger. He was determined to break Jungkook out of his shell.
And for the most part he was beginning to accomplish his goal. Little by little Jimin was beginning to learn about Jungkook. Things like his favorite color (red) and his favorite food (pizza). The pair would be doing something like sitting on the couch with the TV on and Jimin would slide a question into a casual conversation here and there. At first Jungkook didn't notice but Jimin became less and less sneaky about asking questions as time went on.

"You know you can just ask me a question." Jungkook said to the elder one night as they were walking back from getting take-out, the addicting smell of the Korean food Jimin bought filling both of their nostrils in anticipation.

"What are you talking about?" Jimin asked, pretending he didn't know what Jungkook was talking about.

"Oh please. You've been trying to be discreet about it all week."

"Have not."

"Have too."

"Have not."

"Jimin." Jungkook stopped to face the elder. Jimin felt a shiver up his spine when Jungkook said his name. It's not even cold out.

"Yes?" Jimin batted his eyes at the younger.

"Stop pretending, I'm being serious. It's like you're afraid to ask to ask about me." Jungkook said.

"You don't ask about me." Jimin shot back in amusement more than frustration.

"I don't have to."

"What do you mean you don't have to?" Jimin raised an eyebrow as they turned the corner to their street.

"I pay attention. I observe more than I talk if you've noticed." Jimin nodded that was true.

"And plus you say a lot when you ramble on." Jungkook giggled, Jimin glared at him.

"Okay, so when's my birthday?" Jimin asked.

"October 13th."

"That was an easy one." Jimin protested. Jungkook laughed.

"Favorite color?"

"Blue, everything you own is blue." Jungkook pointed out. Jimin's bedding, his shower curtain and even his dishes are blue.

"This is a stupid game." Jimin said as they reached the door of the apartment building. Jungkook continued to laugh.

As they climbed the stairs a thought suddenly hit Jimin.

"Do you gave the key?"

"No? I gave it to you last night when I brought the water in." Jungkook said. Both of them froze, eyes wide. Where was the key?

"Shit, shit, shit. I really thought you had it." Jimin sat down on the stairs, completely disregarding the food that was beginning to get cold. Jungkook sat down next to him, looking over at the elder.

"Do you have a spare key somewhere?" Jungkook asked, trying to problem solve which was more than the elder who looked like he was going to have a small panic attack.

"No. The only other person that has a key is Taehyung. But I'd rather stay out here all night than ask him for my key." Jimin said, still being stubborn towards the topic of Taehyung.

Neither of them spoke of said boy. Jungkook knew it was touchy topic and Jimin would talk about it when he was ready to. Jimin had been trying to push Taehyung out of his mind. Jungkook was a good distraction but Jimin never thought of the boy as a distraction.