「Chapter 12 - Friends and Family」

"Alright Riv, you can call me Kitten... Sometimes!"

"There we go!" He laughs.

You laugh with him and note his change in tone. From teasing to playful in an instant. You are incredibly happy that he thinks of you as a friend though.

The next few minutes go by and you both enjoy the breeze outside. It's a comfortable silence and one you appreciate immensely. 

"Riv! Y/n! We are back!" Ryan calls out.

You startle a little and turn around quickly. River chuckles as he walks inside.

"Kitten..." he whispers to you.

You're definitely not used to that and have to use everything in your body to fight the embarrassment. 

"I see you guys didn't re-arrange the beds, that's good, " Wyatt chuckles.

"I am sleeping in here tonight, I don't wanna look at the cuddle pile, " You motion to the beds and look between the guys.

"Yeah, that means we have to sleep clothed tonight Wyatt, sorry, " River apologizes to him.

"What...?" You look at River and then shake your head and hold your hands up, "Nope never mind I don't wanna know." 

"That's for the best, " Wyatt laughs.

The next hour you all take turns taking showers and getting ready for bed. You finish up and pass Wyatt as he takes his shower last. 

Ryan yawns as you sit on the end of the bed trying to reply to texts you got throughout the day. It causes you and River to yawn as well.

"Ryannnn, I am tired enough, " You groan.

"Then lay down!" he laughs and pats the bed next to him.

"Stop trying to get me to sleep next to you, I am taking the couch, " You finish your goodnight text to Addy and stretch.

"That's funny, " River states.

"What is?" You and Ryan ask at the same time.

"You think you're taking the couch Y/n, " River clarifies.

"I am not sleeping next to Wyatt, I will die even if Addy trusts us both."

"Well, I am not letting River hurt his back on a couch again. I can sleep on the couch, you take the bed and River will sleep with Wyatt, " Ryan explains with many gestures.

It's a fair plan but you feel incredibly guilty having him forced on the couch. There is not really much else you can do about it though unless you did sleep with one of the twins at least. And that is not something you feel comfortable with yet.  

"Or we can try to cuddle him, " River giggles and nods in the direction of the bathroom.

"Oh boy..." You roll your eyes.

"What jealous?" Ryan nudges you and then passes you to sit on his and Rivers bed.

"If I was closer you would get a pillow to the face, " You threaten him.

Ryan's laugh is infectious especially when you are sleepy. However, you notice River watching you both with a sad smile on his face. He looks back at his phone, his smiling fading entirely. Ryan sees it too and rather roughly throws a pillow at his brother.

You are confused at the sudden aggression but notice the faint look of concern. This is familiar to something your sister has done when she wants to cheer you up subtly. 

"Ah!? What the hell man?" River yells and looks at Ryan confused.

"Yeah what the hell Y/n?" Ryan turns to you in complete shock.