「Chapter 16 - For You」

[TW: Slight SA]

"Water actually, " You glance at River and smile back to Wyatt.

"I am getting a drink for myself, " Wyatt shrugs and wanders off to the bar.

You and the guys then sit down and talk casually a little longer until you feel the night draining you. Wyatt yawns first and then the chain begins.

"Wyattttt!" You groan.

"I know, I am sorry!" Wyatt looks at you apologetically.

"It is getting late, " River sighs and looks around a little.

Most of the people have gone and even Cole seems to be closing up shop for the night. 

"Yeah, you are driving us too, " You look at River and take a deep breath, " Let me go to the restroom and then we can head back."

The guys agree and you all separate briefly while you wander into the women's restroom. After doing your business and washing your hands you walk out adjusting your dress.

"Did you think I forgot?" Cole asks.

You jump and look up to lock eyes with him. "No. I was praying we could leave before I ever had to see you again, " You think.

"I know you wore that to get my attention, Sweetheart, " Cole chuckles.

You take a deep breath and walk past him. Quickly trying to make your way back to the front of the building where the guys should be able to see you. 

"Actually I wore it for myself. If I was gonna wear it for anyone it's not you anyway, " You huff.

"Whoa, whoa when did you get so firey?" Cole purrs and swiftly grabs your wrist.

He spins you to face him and smirks down at you. It takes all your composure to not slap him. You pull your hand free and take a step back.

"Since I actually was allowed to be happy in my own skin. What do you want Cole?" 

"I-I just wanted to apologize, " Cole's smirk fades as he frowns.

You look at him dumbfounded. Never would you have expected this from him, you don't want to trust it but then again, what if he means it?

"It was wrong of me to do what I did and I just want to try to start things off on the right foot, " He smiles sweetly.

"What does that even mean?" You stare blankly back.

"Well, " He takes a small step closer and hesitates to move his hand to yours, "I just want to talk to you again at the very least... please?"

Your heart sinks when he looks down at you with a pout. He hasn't changed, he is trying to break you down to get in again. You move your hand away and shake your head.

"Yeah, I am sure that's all you want, " You roll your eyes and attempt to move past him.

When you do Cole moves faster and grabs your arms, pinning you to the wooden walls behind you. You gasp and look up at him suddenly way more afraid. He's strong, you remember that, and his grip leaves you no choice but to face him.

"You know what giving me attitude in a dress like that does, Sweetheart, " His voice lowers to a sensual whisper.

It sends waves of disgust over you. You try to pull away but he pushes you back harder. It's hurting... and his eyes don't seem to understand you want none of this. He just cares about what he wants as always.

"Let. Me. Go. I am not yours to have, " You growl and glare into his eyes. 

You are scared but you can't let him see that and try to pull your confidence back. When you suddenly hear Ryan and River's laugh in the distance, it gives you hope. If you yell they will be able to hear you...