「Chapter 25 - A Last Showdown」

'It's about time' You think and take a deep breath, feeling a sudden reassurance from Arty.

"I am gonna be in here while y'all investigate if that's all good, or I can be in my office?" Daxton offers, putting a glass away as he looks over your group.

"Whichever you are more comfortable with, " Wyatt answers, the others nod in agreement.

After cameras are set up to catch different shots of the massive bar you start the intro to the investigation outside. You and Addy stand off to the side to hop in and surprise the audience.

"Okay, ghost gang we are here at The Tavern! Almost missed this opportunity but boy oh boy do we have a surprise!" Ryan giggles and then turns to River and Wyatt in front of the building.

They both cheer and you hear Addy giggle. She is admiring Wyatt unapologetically, it's cute.

"It's not us though, It's..." Wyatt turns to you both and waves you over.

Addy runs to him and curtys to the camera as you stand beside her. Afraid to move too much you bashfully bow and smile at the camera.

"I roped her into this guys!" Addy hugs you and leans on you.

"W-watch it!" You whisper to her, worried she's gonna make a layer fall off.

The guys share what the mission is for tonight and why you both are dressed up before it's time to come up with the rhyme. As everyone struggles Addy eventually helps come up with the final Idea.

You all stack hands and Ryan counts down, "3... 2...1!"

"Tavern time we couldn't rhyme! Let's talk to ghosts to find out the crime!" Everyone shouts pretty on time with each other.

"Oh my god, we did that first try guys!" Wyatt gasps at the camera.

"It's a good sign!" Addy giggles as Ryan then turns off the camera.

With that, you all enter and River walks close to you, grabbing your hand suddenly. You turn around, but before you can say anything River has his lips on yours. Happy giggles escape your chest when he pulls away, clearly more affectionate.

"I take it you like this dress?" You whisper as the door closes behind you both.

"Well yes but also I am really sad I can't just make out with you right now..." River admits, very hesitantly walking further inside.

"Probably wouldn't help to tell you that this dress is made for easy removal huh?" You tease, pulling from the confidence you felt earlier.

"I- You... " River looks pleasantly surprised as he watches you before he lets out a frustrated sigh and shakes his head.

Happy with yourself you walk past him quickly and join your sister at the bar. The guys start up again and Daxton keeps a short distance from you all. Ryan quickly shouts him out and explains why he is there to the camera.

As per usual he then introduces himself to the ghosts and everyone follows.

"Spirits of The Tavern! We come here to try and learn about what really happened here..." Ryan shouts, looking around slowly, "to Emily and any other spirits that wish to contact us!"

Wanting to change it up Ryan places a flashlight at the bar and the Rem pod on a table near them. Strangely the Rem pod continues to go off in a pattern as if someone is waving their hands over it.

"Dude, why is it doing that?" River asks, panning to the device before resetting it.

It flashes again unexplainably, "Is there someone making that go off? Can you walk up to this flashlight?" Ryan points to the light near Addy.