「Chapter 14 - Are We More?」

"Alright, guys! Don't get water all over the place! One of us will fall on their ass!" You yell at them and walk down the hall.

"Yes mom!" Ryan slaps River one last time before rushing inside the bathroom.

River groans and leans against the wall holding his side. You give him an apologetic smile and a disappointed look at Ryan who ignores you.

"Riv can I talk to you for a sec?" You turn back to him and ignore Josh's pleas as Ryan now messes with him.

"Sure!" River pushes off the wall.

You move past him into your room and motion for him to follow. He looks a little surprised but follows you. Ryan and Josh run past your room into the living room and begin to terrorize Seth from the sound of it.

"You guys are loud! Wyatt is trying to sleep!" You yell out to them.

"He sleeps like a log he will be fine!" Ryan calls out.

You sigh and gently close your door. When you turn back River is leaning his shoulder on the wall.

"You realize the shit Ryan is gonna give us?" His eyes look into yours before pointedly at the door behind you.

"He can think what he wants, we are talking, " You shrug and walk a little closer to him.

"It could be true with how close you were to kissing me earlier..." He mutters and looks at the ground. 

"I say it's fair for what you did at the Menger!" 

"I was teasing you in private, Kitten, " River sighs and slowly pulls away from the wall.

He takes a step closer to you and you realize too late you can't back away. Time slows as your back hits the wall. 

"W-we have all been teasing each other in public! What about that kissing comment before Seth and Josh got here or the lap thing!" You call him out, feeling your heart race.

"So you mean to tell me you'd be fine if I did it back?" He smirks.

You feel like you are gonna explode in embarrassment. No way could you handle him being that forward. Even in private being this close nearly kills you.

"B-besides the point! We are getting off-topic, sir!"

"I figured I was on topic given we are in your room, alone?" He teases and looks back into your room briefly.

"I just wanted to talk about Seth!" You playfully hit his chest, desperate to get back on a topic you aren't sure will go better.

He looks back at you suddenly with a sad look and takes a step away from you. Your heart sinks a little, did you say something wrong?

"You can ask him for his number yourself, " River forces a playful smile down at you.

"No, you idiot I don't want his number! I am trying to tell you I told him to back off in the hall earlier and I have no interest in him..."

"Oh, " River pauses and then tilts his head, "You dragged me in here to tell me that?"

"I thought you would want to know with how jealous you were getting!" You blurt in defense.

"I-I was not getting jealous!"

"So you're telling me you are not even a little happy to hear I shut him down?" You look up at him, desperate to understand your feelings.

Was Ryan wrong? Have you really been seeing what you wanted to in all those past interactions?

"Alright. I am happy!" River admits a pink tint to his cheeks, "I just don't want you to think I am being too possessive or... Clingy?"