「Chapter 26 - Could Be Forever」

"I-I love you too..." River whispers, you hear the smile on his face before you see it. 

"I'm so grateful for you Riv... I thought..." You shake your head, trying to hold back the waves of emotions. 

Wordlessly he tightens his hold on you. You cling to him harder and try to stay composed feeling too embarrassed to cry but needing his comfort. 

After a few moments, Ryan walks over and looks between you and River.

"Ready to wrap this up? Then we can get Y/n home."

River looks to you for confirmation before moving, and you nod. He takes a deep breath and slowly moves away from you. 

"Let's do it, " River kisses your head one more time before leaving with Ryan. From behind him Wyatt and Addy walk over with worried faces. Your sister slowly takes you into a gentle hug. 

"Want to get out of here while they do that?" Addy softly asks.

"Is that okay?" You look over to the guys.

"This won't take long, we promise, " Ryan answers with a reassuring smile. 

You reluctantly get up after thanking Daxton and head outside with Addy. She looks you over once more as soon as you both are outside. 

"Addy, I am fine now!" You shoo her away playfully.

"What if River missed something!" She protests.

"I promise he didn't. It's okay, really, " You reassure her again but give up when she grabs your face. 

After a few minutes of worry from your sister, you are allowed to breathe a little of the cool air outside. 

"Now that I feel a little better, I had a gift to give you when this all ended. I am even more sure about giving it to you now."

You tilt your head curiously as she pops the lid of the trunk and pulls out a fancy-looking bag. 

"What the heck is that?" 

Addy turns around with a big smile on her face and hands the bag to you. As you hold it the weight is more than you were expecting and the shape inside is slightly familiar somehow. 

You cautiously unzip it. Inside is a small but professional-looking Camera.

"Addy?" You look up at her and gently inspect the camera.

"You took a leap of faith, recording with people you weren't very close to. You have grown. And I could tell you have been really enjoying yourself recording, " Addy starts and then motions to the camera before looking back at the tavern building.

"Even with all this you wanted to keep going. And I think recording your journey could be a lot of good fo you, and others, " She smiles at you proudly. 

"I- I don't know what to say... That's... I mean I could- I want to, " You feel tears well up in your eyes.

"I know you can if you want. And if you decide against it, that's fine too. I will always be here for you, sis, " Addy hugs you again tightly, being careful to avoid the camera in your hand. 

You hug her back, overwhelmed but incredibly happy to hear her words.

"Thank you..." You mutter. 

"And... there is more, " Addy pulls away with a small smile on her face, "River and you."

You tilt your head, unsure of where she is going with this.

"I know from experience that long distance is not easy. But... I might have a solution for us both, " Seeing you waiting for her response she continues, "I am looking into buying a house in Nevada. And there happens to be space for us both! Just means you might have to deal with me more..."