Chapter 3

Wren's POV

Before I knew it, we were already 3 weeks into the school year. Lucas and I had 2 classes together: math and English. The rest of my classes though, I had to face by myself. So naturally, the were the loneliest moments of my day. No one really payed attention to me.

The same could not be said for Cameron Boyce who was on the cover of every gossip magazine. The most recent article said that Cameron had disappeared from Hollywood. He probably went somewhere low-key to wait for the bad publicity to die down.

This day started off as a normal day: Penelope begging for attention, Halley texting her friends early in the morning, and me dreading yet another day of school. The day continued to be normal until the period before lunch: social class. This class was always the worst of the day for 2 reasons:

1. No Lucas

2. Tessa Winters

I walked into class and sat down at my table for two. But no one else would join me because why would you sit with Wren Morrow when there was, well, anyone else? I sighed as I watched Tessa strut into the room, flipping her curly blonde hair. When Tessa walked in, all the boys with no resistance instantly revealed themselves, as they always did. Perfectly normal.

The bell rang and the teacher began to speak to the class.

"Good morning everyone", he began. "Today we have the pleasure of welcoming a new student to the class."

As he said this, a figure appeared in the doorway. A boy who was decked out in black jeans and a black leather jacket. Under the jacket he had a white t-shirt with a logo on it. The X-MOB dance crew logo.

'Oh no', I thought to myself. My heart began to pound as I forced myself to look at the boy's face. I gasped as I found myself look at Cameron Boyce.

+ + + + + + + + + + + +

"Everyone, meet Cameron. He just moved here from LA and he will be joining our class for the rest of the year."

I was hardly listening to the teacher talk. As I was trying to hide my surprised expression, Cameron caught my eye and smirked that same smirk I saw that day in the Starbucks a year ago. But this time when I saw it, I wasn't intrigued. I was mad. I had made peace with the fact that he'd forgotten me.

"Please Cameron, take a seat", the teacher said. Cameron's eyes flew to the empty seat beside me. He slowly made his way toward me with a determined look on his face.

"Is anyone sitting here?", he asked me.

"No", I said flatly.

"Awesome", he said flashing a sly smile that seemed to say 'Hello Again.'

"Alright, let's continue, shall we?", the teacher said, like we had a choice in the matter. He began to teach like normal. People were listening like normal. But this was anything but normal.

I began to take notes and act like nothing bothered me. Cameron didn't get the memo.

"Hey", he whispered.

"Hi", I whispered back.

"Can I borrow a pencil?"

I bent down and fished one out of my black leather bag and put it on the table in front of him. I didn't say a word.

"Thanks", he whispered.

"Yup", I said. I sat there in silence, writing notes and trying so incredibly hard to focus on social studies, but the whole time, I could feel his eyes on me.

"Why are you acting like this?" he said, sounding frustrated.

I glanced at Tessa who was flipping her hair to no end. No doubt she was trying to seduce Cameron like she did every other guy.

"Acting?", I whispered, turning to face him.

"Why are you acting like you don't know me?"

"Because I'm not sure that I do. And I'm not sure that I want to."

"Look, I'm sorry okay?"

"Oh I feel so much better."

"What do you want me to do Wren?"

"Leave me alone. That's it."

"Oh come one. You don't want that." Just then the bell rang. I stood up and started to pack my stuff. "And don't tell me that I don't know anything about what you want", he continued. "Because I do know."

"Yes", I answered. "You do know what I want. You know because I just told you. I want you act like you don't know me. It should be easy for you since you've been doing it no problem for the last year." I didn't wait to hear what he had to say. I just left.

**************************

Hey readers,

Cameron was finally introduced. I've been thinking about this chapter for a long time. Hope you liked it! I probably won't be updating for a while. Finals are coming up and I have an intense study plan. My last exam is on the 22nd so I'll update more often then. Thanks for reading!

That_Epiphany