Chapter 8

Cameron's POV

It's been 2 months since I transferred to Wren's school. I was bitter and hostile towards her for a long time, but I was starting to feel like I used to. Wren always brought out the best in me but lately, the change in me was more obvious. Obvious to me at least. Wren still wanted nothing to do with me. For her sake, I was still acting like the jerk she thought I was. I knew that she might never trust me again so for now, I was laying low, waiting for the right moment to make my move.

+ + + + + + + + + + +

I walked into social class to see Wren in her usual spot. She wasn't alone though. Tessa was standing in front of her surrounded by her group of faithful followers. Wren looked slightly annoyed which was only obvious to me because I knew her so well. She had become really good at hiding her emotions which resulted in a perfect poker face. Tessa was fooled, but I wasn't. 

I slowly walked closer to the crowd to hear what they were saying. 

"I don't know why you insist on getting in my way", Tessa said.

"Getting on your nerves is my favourite pastime", Wren replied with impeccable sarcasm. 

"Well find something better to do", Tessa snapped. "I can destroy you."

"Go ahead, what do I have to lose? Besides, destruction is a 2 way street."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I have dirt on you, Tessa. And I would hate to have to use it."

"You have dirt on me? Like what?"

"Like the fact that you slept with Erica Sullivan's boyfriend at the Halloween party last month."

"So?", Tessa asked, trying to look like the comment didn't bother her. Everyone could tell it did though. She was getting nervous.

"She's pretty upset that her boyfriend cheated on her. She's out for revenge."

"Erica wouldn't do anything to me, I'm her best friend."

"Well I hope your relationship wasn't that important to you because everyone in this room knows now and I guarantee that someone will tell Erica."

The girl standing beside me immediately pulled out her phone and texted Erica. Wren was right, Tessa was screwed. Wren was good, but it had gone on long enough. I had to step in. I pushed my way through the crowd towards Wren. 

"Wren:1, Tessa:0", I said as I approached them. "Better smarten up, Tessa or your reputation will be completely destroyed", I added with a hint of mock sympathy. "I think we're done here."

Tessa huffed in anger and walked away, leaving Wren and I alone at our desk. 

"Wow", I said to Wren. "That was awesome."

"Thanks", she said, smirking.

"How did you know about Tessa and her friend's boyfriend?"

"Tessa has lots of haters that are willing to talk if it means her demise. I've actually known since the night it happened, I was just waiting for the right moment to use it."

"Fair enough."

It was proven: Wren had a serious rebel side and not even Tessa could beat it. 

*****************************************

Hey readers,

Sorry it took me so long to update, but here it is. Chapter 8 is finally uploaded. Who knew I could be so busy during the summer? Hope you like this chapter and I hope even more that you like it enough to keep reading. Update soon! Comments welcome,

That_Epiphany