Chapter 12

Wren's POV

I gasped. Of course it was Cameron, I should have known. He was slowly becoming the same guy that broke my heart. I knew the drill this time though. He'd go through every possible girl and when there was none left, he'd hit rock bottom and leave.

I sunk down in my seat before Cameron could see me watching him. Both Lizzie and Cameron disappeared into the house before I could get the picture.

"Did you get it?", Lucas asked.

"No", I said in a frustrated tone. "We have to wait until she comes out."

"How long will that take?"

"I don't know, could be a long time."

"Alright", he said as he pulled out some homework. "Might as well be productive."

+ + + + + + + + + + +

Two hours later, the front door to Cameron's house opened and 2 figures appeared. I quickly got into position with my camera and waited for the perfect moment to snap the picture.

Lucas and I watched them talk until Cameron leaned in and kissed Lizzie. I ignored the pang in my chest and took the photo.

"All good?", Lucas clarified.

"All good", I answered as I started the car and drove away.

+ + + + + + + + + + + +

"Did you get it?", Jeff Saunders asked me the next day at school.

 I said nothing as I showed him a copy of the picture I took. He looked at the shot of Cameron and Lizzie and frowned.

"Wow, she actually cheated on me", he muttered.

"I'm so sorry, Jeff", I replied.

He shoved two $50 bills into my hands. "Thanks Wren."

I watched him walk away with heavy footsteps and his head hung low. I felt bad for him. Cameron was ruining more than a few lives these days.

I had no idea what Jeff would do with the knowledge he had. All I knew was that no one was getting let off easy.

Cameron's POV

After school, I walked out to the parking lot. I had finally gotten my car back which was a relief. It had been hard to find rides that weren't Tessa or Wren.

As I reached my Jeep, I felt a hand clap me on the shoulder. I turned around and saw a football player. Jeff something. I had gotten to know his girlfriend pretty well.

"Hey man, what-", I was interrupted my Jeff punching me hard in the face.

"I want you to explain to me why you were kissing my girlfriend."

I froze. How did he know? "Sorry bud, I have no idea what you're talking about."

"I think you do", he said angrily as he shoved a piece of paper in my face. On it was a picture of me kissing Lizzie Brunner outside my house.

"What is there to explain? This picture seems to explain itself pretty well", I said.

Jeff hit me again and pushed me to the ground. My stomach screamed in pain as he kicked me repeatedly. Blood ran from my nose onto the cement. He stepped back and I sat up. Every movement I made sent another wave of pain.

"Whoever you are, you're gonna die", I breathed. 

"Yeah, someday", he replied as he wiped my blood on his shirt. He walked away and left me doubled over in pain.

 It took me a while, but I finally got into the front seat of my car. I racked my brain for how Jeff might have found out about Lizzie and me. The answer suddenly hit me: Jeff hired Wren.

Wren's POV

My phone rang while I was doing my homework that night. No one was home, so the house was perfectly quiet.

The caller ID on my phone said Cameron's name. I reluctantly picked up.

"Hello?", I said.

"Hey sunshine", he breathed in response.

"What do you want?", I said flatly.

"Well I kind of need your help."

"Why would I help you?"

"Old times sake?" He grunted and breathed deeply.

"Cam are you okay?"

"Define okay."

"Jeff got to you, didn't he?"

"Yes, all thanks to you."

"What was I supposed to do? He hired me."

"Well he beat me up pretty good, you would have loved it."

"Where are you, Cam? I'll come get you."

"No need. I've come to you."

"What?"

"Just come outside."

I hung up and exited the front door of my house. In the driveway was a yellow Jeep. Cam sat in the from seat. I ran and pulled open the driver's side door.

Cameron was a mess with a bleeding nose and a black eye. Blood dripped down and stained his white t shirt.

"Oh my god", I whispered.

************************

Hi guys,

I feel pretty good about this chapter so I hope you guys liked it. New update coming soon. Hope you guys are having a good summer! Comments welcome,

That _Epiphany