Chapter 7

Wren's POV

A week had passed since Cameron and I had done the project at his house. We had gotten 100% on that project which didn't come as a surprise to me because I did it all. I wouldn't let Cameron help for fear that he would mess it up. Turned out to be a wise decision if you ask me.

Today though, was just another Monday. I had gotten to school early so I went to the bathroom to fix my hair. As I walked in, I heard already present voices. 

"You know, it's been a whole week and Cameron Boyce hasn't even noticed me."

I could recognize that voice anywhere: Tessa Winters. I lingered in the doorway where she couldn't see me, eager to hear the rest of the conversation. 

"Yeah, how could he not notice you?", on of her minions replied. "I mean, he'd be crazy not to like you."

'Ugh what a suck-up', I thought to myself.

"Usually it takes guys a quarter of this time to notice me", Tessa complained. She wasn't wrong though. For most boys, it was a love at first sight deal with Tessa.

"Like, come on", she continued. "He should be making a move on me by now."

At this point, I was defensive and frustrated. I couldn't tell you why though. All I knew was that I couldn't take this anymore.

"What makes you think he would make a move on you?", I asked Tessa as I stepped into view.

"Oh look who it is", Tessa said when she saw me. "Boxer boy's lackey. Wren is it? You know, I've seen Cameron Boyce talking to you quite a bit, although I don't know why he'd want to."

"You have been paying attention", I snapped. "Oh no... are you jealous?"

"You wish", she scoffed.  "All I'm saying is that you should stay away from Cameron if you know what's good for you."

"oh, what are you going to do? Hair flip me to death?"

"Don't cross me Wren. I am the last person you want to deal with."

"Actually, you're the first."

"I'm not scared of you , Wren."

"You're not yet. All you need to know is that I can ruin any chance you have with Cameron Boyce. I mean, unless your desperation does it first."

Tessa gave me an angry glare and left the bathroom as her followers hurried to catch up with her. It seemed crazy to me how someone could be so conceited and get away with it. 

+ + + + + + + + + + + + 

Social class had come quickly that day. It would be even worse now that I had to deal with Tessa too. 

She walked into the classroom and looked straight at Cameron and me. She gave him a flirty wink and continued to sit down. The thing about Tessa winters was that she never had to try. Boys threw themselves at her without any effort on her part. Tessa never needed to make the first move. But by winking at Cameron, she did make the first move. That meant that what I said to her in the bathroom struck a nerve.

Was she trying to prove to me that she could get Cameron Boyce to fall for her? Or was she proving it to herself?

Cameron's POV

I sat by Wren in social class and a girl walked in. I'd seen her before. She was really popular. I'm pretty sure her name was Tessa but I didn't care enough about her to pay attention. 

Anyway, Tessa winked at me when she walked into class. Was she trying to flirt with me? Poor girl. Flirting with me would get her nowhere. The only attention I wanted was Wren's. 

From what I could tell, Tessa could have any guy she wanted. Except me. She'd just have to settle from someone else. 

***********************

Hi readers,

Hope you liked this chapter! We are finally hearing about Tessa and her crazy intentions. Another update will be coming soon! Keep reading,

That_Epiphany

P.S. Thank you to the most recent commenter: DeyaniraJusacamea