Chapter 11

Wren's POV

So lately, a lot of people have been asking me for help. Not with serious things. Just cheating girlfriends and dirty liars. The extra money is good though and Halley's birthday is coming up. A little extra income couldn't hurt. 

Today, a popular football player came to me at my locker.

"You're Wren Morrow, right?", he asked. I recognized him as Jeff Saunders: just another school athlete.

"That's what they call me", I answered, hardly paying attention.

"Okay, I hear that you are offering your services. I was wondering if you could help me."

"What's the problem."

"Well, I think my girlfriend is cheating on me."

"That's a pretty serious assumption, bud. Who is she?"

"Lizzie Brunner..."

"Wow, captain of the cheerleading squad."

"Yeah." He paused and waited for me to speak as if I would pull a magic wand out of my pocket and make all his problems disappear.

"Come on, Jeff. Give me something I can work with."

"I think she goes to his house after school."

"Alright, thanks. So here's how it works: I follow her and try to get proof that she's cheating on you. Whether you are satisfied with the answer or not, I still expect to be payed. Deal?"

"Yeah, thanks Wren."

I muttered something along the lines of "you're welcome" and walked away. This task was nothing new to me at this point. As for Lucas, he was fascinated by every new assignment I got. 

"Hey, was that Jeff Saunders at your locker?", he asked when I met up with him in the cafeteria for lunch.

"Yeah", I answered, already knowing how this conversation was going to end. 

"So, what's the story?", he asked, getting excited.

"Lucas", I began. "You know I shouldn't tell you. Remember, privacy and all that?"

"Come  on, I'll never ask again." I knew that wasn't true. Lucas always asked about new cases. And I always gave in. 

"Okay fine. Jeff thinks his girlfriend is cheating on him."

"No way! Does that mean you have to stakeout again?"

"Yeah, I guess so."

"Can I come?"

"You came last time. It's not fun, remember?"

"Yeah I know, but I like being there when you bust them."

I smiled to myself. Lucas always got really excited about stakeouts. I didn't understand why. There was nothing appealing about them.

"Alright fine. Just don't mess anything up." 

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

After school, Lucas and I sat in my car facing Lizzie's dark grey car. We only had to wait for 5 minutes for Lizzie to start her car and lead the way to our mystery guy. 

"Remember to follow her from a really good distance, Wren. We don't want her to know we're here", Lucas warned.

"Lucas, I know. I've done this many times before."

He chuckled and I glanced sideways to see him playing with my Cannon Rebel professional camera. 

"Hey, be careful with that", I said.

"Why do you need this anyway?", he asked.

"How else am I going to get proof?"

"Oh yeah, don't mess with the proof."

"Exactly", I muttered as I followed Lizzie onto a very familiar residential street. "I've been here before."

"When?", Lucas asked.

"I'm not sure."

Then it hit me. This was the street where Cameron lived. My heart rate sped up and I tried to stay calm. I saw Lizzie park so I did the same a few houses away on the other side of the street. 

Lucas and I watched as Lizzie got out of her car and went up to the front door of a house that looked like all the others. She rang the doorbell and a boy answered. He checked cautiously to make sure no one was watching. After glancing around, he opened the door wider and revealed himself.

The boy standing in the doorway was none other than Cameron Boyce.

***************

Hey guys,

So I'm trying to update as much as I can before I go away next month. Hope you guys are liking it so far! Update soon,

That_Epiphany