Chapter Nine

Kirishima rubbed his eyes as he walked into his bathroom. Thirteen days and Bakugo and Todoroki still haven't woken up. Of course, Kirishima was worried, scared even. The entire school was. The dorm was rebuilt in less than two days and the school hired those to monitor both buildings so that event could never occur again. The firefighters had investigated and searched the dorm up and down but they could not find any indication as to how the gas escaped.

Kirishima took off his uniform and stepped into the shower, rinsing off quickly the dirt he got on himself during training. He moved away from the stream and shampooed his hair, scrubbing the hair gel out. Stepping and leaning his head into the water, Kirishima constantly thought about that day. There were so many moments that made many heads spin. What could have caused the gas leak? Why were only the heroes injured after entering the building? Why were the students and staff so still? Were they hypnotized? Was this an attack?

When they had pulled out both Todoroki and Bakugo and rushed away in an ambulance, the many students on the street suddenly regained consciousness after being in a trance-like state. Some had nose bleeds, some had fainted, and some had started seizing. Most were just confused. Many were rushed to hospitals and when there weren't enough ambulances, they were sent to Recovery Girl as a last resort.

Kirishima pumped conditioner in his palm, raking his fingers through his hair. He turned to face the water, washing off his hands, and grabbed his face wash. He squeezed the tube in his hand, placing the tube back and slathering the cleanser on his face. He took his hands off his face and lifted them into the air. He sneezed. Kirishima shook his head, pausing in his position and then resuming his cleanse.

Once he did a final rinse, scrubbing his body and all he turned off the water. Wiping his face and squeezing the water out of his hair. He stepped out of the shower, grabbed a towel, and dried himself off. He stepped out into his dorm room, nothing but a towel on his head and a dirty uniform in his hand. He dropped the clothes into a hamper near the foot of his bead.

He walked to his dresser, pulling out underwear and casual clothing. He slipped into his clothes and rubbed the towel on his head, drying his hair. He walks over to his desk where his phone lay in the charger. With one hand still on his head he gently lifted the phone, looking at the notifications on his lock screen. He had a few messages from Mina asking him if he was ready ten minutes ago. As he went to unlock his phone there was a knock on his door.

"Kirishima?"

Kirishima put his phone in his pocket and went to open the door. Mina looked up at him.

"You ready?"

Kirishima nodded, "Yeah, lemme just get some socks." He walked back into his room, leaving the door open for Mina to enter. He rummaged through a drawer. "Do we need anything?"

Mina shrugged and sat on his bed, placing her purse on her lap, "I don't think so."

Kirishima pulled out a pair, closed the drawer, and sat on the floor to put them on, "Should we get flowers?"

"Again?"

"Why not?" He responded, putting on the first sock. "It's what most people do. Or should we get him a book?"

"Why? It's not like he's gonna read it."

Kirishima sighed, "I know but..." his voice trailed off as he put on the other sock.

Mina looked at the bed, "It's kinda scary"

Kirishima turned to her, "What is?"

She looked at him, then around the room. She lifted a hand, "This," she plopped it back down. "They built everything so quick and perfect. Like the fire never happened."