Chapter Twelve

He sat up from the bed. His red eyes glowed. He looked left and right at the ceiling above. He sat up and turned to the side, having his legs hanging from the bed. He pushed himself off, and standing he moved his gaze to a nearby bed. A boy layed and fire surrounded him.

He looked at the boy, "The doorman will visit you soon."

He heard screaming. He followed in the direction of chaotic sounds. He stepped out of the hallway and into a big room where many were fighting and screaming. Someone in front of him did a double take at him and dropped to the floor. He watched them.

"Katsuki!"

Bakugo turned in the direction of the voice as did many of the uninjured. The heroes stopped in their tracks watching emotionless expressions at the boy.

"Oh my god, Katsuki!" His father sobbed.

Bakugo drew his lips into a thin line as he awkwardly shuffled his gaze to the nurse on the floor in front of him. "Where am I?" He asked.

The nurse had her arm in front of her face for protection. She cried, "Hospital basement!"

"Oh," Bakugo looked at the stressed bodies around him. "What happened here?"

"Shoto!" Shouted Endeavor as he pushed passed Bakugo and ran down the hallway.

Bakugo stumbled to his side. He rubbed his arm and asked again, "What happened?"

Mitsuki and Masaru tackled him in a hug. They rocked him side to side, calling and whispering out his name as they sobbed on his shoulders. Bakugo winced.

Mistuki pulled back and cupped his face, "I'm sorry, baby." Masaru let his grip loosen.

"Why isn't he awake?" Endeavor slammed on the wall. They all flinched and turned to him. "Tell me now!"

"We don't know!" A nurse cried. "Some people wake up before others! Everyone is different!"

Endeavor punched the wall again and stormed to the exit. He swung open the door, hitting the wall and breaking from its hinges. Silence engulfed the room before everyone scrambled to the door. The women offered hands to the injured and carried them out the door.

"Let's get out of here!" Mitsuki wailed, grabbing Bakugo by his hand and pulling him towards the door. Bakugo let himself get pulled.

All that was left in the room were the rest of the heroes. Staring off into space as they continued to sweat.

"Jesus," Masaru started.

"That was fucking hell," Mitsuki added. She flagged down a nurse, "Hey! We need help! My son! He just woke up from a coma!"

The nurse hesitated, "Are you the one we needed to move?"

"He is, but please! We need help," Masaru begged.

"It's fine," A doctor stepped up. Face red and clothes drenched with sweat. "I'll treat him. Just find me an empty room.

"Oh, thank you! Thank you."

The nurse shuffled to a desk and pulled up files. She gave the doctor a number and the doctor led them to the room. The doctor kept looking back, "Are you okay walking?"

Bakugo nodded, avoiding eye contact.

They got to the room, which was near Bakugo's original room. Kirishima and Mina sat leaning against the wall farther down in the hallway. Mina had her head leaning against Kirishima's shoulders as she hugged her knees. Kirishima sat criss-crossed with his head on top of Minas and his arms crossed. They both were zoning out, staring at the space in front of them.