Chapter Five

"What's taking them so long!" Mina wailed, she slumped in her seat crossing her arms.

"We'll be graduating by the time they get back," Denki sighed.

"I don't think you'll be graduating anytime soon," Jiro snickered, twirling the earphone jack that hung from her ear lobes. Denki pouted his lip at her.

"I'm honestly surprised how Aizawa hasn't arrived yet. Do you think something happened to him?" Ojiro asked Shoji.

Shoji looked forward at the board, rubbing his mask-covered chin before looking at Ojiro. "We could check the news, see if something happened to him," he answered.

"Oh my god! Yeah! We should all check the news! Great idea, Shoji!" Mina squealed.

"Mina, phones are not permitted to be brought or used during class!" Iida stood leaning against his desk, towering over Asui.

"Oh please, no one here follows that rule. Not even Aizawa follows that rule!" Mina clapped back.

"Yeah, he usually just watches cat videos instead of teaching us," Yaoyorozu commented, agreeing with Mina. Most of the class nodded in agreement as well.

"Cats are so cute though!" Hagakure yipped. After a few moments, Mina pulled out her phone from her backpack and went to the news and articles from last night and this morning. Others followed suit, scrolling, looking at headlines.

A few of the students got distracted by news about their favorite celebrities.

Soon everyone forgot the reason they were on their phones in the first place and talked about the places that they were going to travel to. They all migrated closer to the window and sat in the desks, on the floor, and some on the desks.

One stayed at their desk. Continuing to scroll on their phone, looking for any news on the missing homeroom teacher.

Shoji continued to scroll through his phone, many about celebrities, new albums, companies coming out with a new product, and some about other heroes but not about his homeroom teacher. He kept scrolling, running his thumb up, lifting it to bring it back down to the bottom of the screen, and running up again. While scrolling he decided to search for his teacher's name. While nothing had shown up on his feed, something else made its way to Shoji's screen.

An unknown number. It was from his messages. Shoji decided 'Why not?' and clicked on the notification. It changed from the search engine app to his direct mobile messages. It was pictures. Many pictures. All the same, old photos of notebooks and papers that had withered away and turned yellow, ripped, and crumpled.

Shoji scrolled to the top of the messages, clicking on the photos in the order it was sent. The first photo, like the others, was notebook paper. Sloppy writing and in no particular order other than that this had a title. It read:

Is Katsuki Bakugo a clone of the biggest villain in Japan?

"Bakugo..." he quietly muttered. He placed his thumb and index finger on the screen, extending the two in opposite directions and zooming in on the photo.

Shoji swiped his finger left and right, moving the zoomed-in photo to read the sentences. They weren't clear. It looked like an essay. Shoji finished with the first picture, swiped left, and read the second set of note sheets.

" ...tug on the skin of the victim .. sew it onto him.." Shoji rubbed his arm. How sick can someone be? He thought, continuing to read.

" How was he able to do this? No Information." Are these notes?

"...archives said that he smelled good. How did he smell good...dead skin sewed...rotting away? No information." How are these relevant? What exactly are they taking notes for?