Chapter Eighteen

Mina couldn't believe it. She was put in a state of shock and devastated and none of the boys understood why. The role of conversation starter became passed on to Eijiro who quickly stepped down after many upsetting glances at Katsuki's limbs. So, they fell into silence. The cat wandered on Katsuki's lap and he winced as the paws hit his weak points. Eijiro would glance over and Mina stayed with her head in her hands.

◈ ◈ ◈

"I forgot to tell Chef that we're picking him up."

"Oh, don't worry. I called him."

Eijiro and Katsuki turned their attention from the floor and Mina peeked up her head to the voices. Leaving the glass elevator, Masaru held a large cotton bag, straying just slightly behind Mitsuki who strided forward. Eijiro could see that behind the couple followed two boys; Denki and Hanta.

The boys spun in circles as they walked, bags in hand, gawking at every part of the room. They whispered to each other and extended an arm, pointing at everything they could spot. Denki grabbed Hanta's sleeve and tugged, whispering in his ear as he pointed to the ceiling. Hanta followed the direction and left his mouth agape, eyes sparkling, at the high ceilings. Or maybe they're looking at the outside world just beyond the green tinted glass.

Denki made eye contact with Eijiro, exaggerating his words and phrasing. Eijiro could only make out the many ' Oh my god!' s that were directed to him before Denki would mouth rapidly. They straightened themselves when Masaru glanced at them, giving him a polite smile until he looked away.

They stepped towards the group and, instinctively, Mina and Eijiro stood. They gave a small bow to Mitsuki and Masaru as Katsuki looked around the space. The same woman as before walked to Katsuki, balancing his crutches in front of him. Denki and Hanta's breath hitched. Masaru frowned. Mitsuki pursed her lips to a line. Eijiro and Mina watched.

Hanta walked around the parents and held an arm out, "Jesus, man. You don't need to do that, it's fine." Katsuki stared at him as he grabbed the crutches. The woman stepped to cover Katsuki with her back toward Hanta.

"Sit, it's fine." Denki blurted. He cringed at his voice cracking, "Why are you getting up? It's just us," he flashed a grin.

Masaru just barely turned his head, looking down near his side. He saw the movements of all of the guards and waved a hand by his side. No one noticed his briefly odd demeanor.

Masaru walked to the table and placed down the bag. He placed a hand on the woman holding Katsuki's crutches. She bowed and moved back to her original place, taking the crutches with her. He gave his son a smile and bent down to the cat that was perched on the arm rest. "Hi, Missy," he cooed. He pet Missy and she leaned into his touch.

Behind him, Mitsuki cleared her throat. "I hope you kids enjoy yourselves. We will check on you later, okay?"

Everyone nodded and Denki called out a small, "Yes, ma'am."

"Have fun, guys," Masaru stood, following his wife. "Don't be shy to ask for anything, okay?" They nodded and Hanta gave a salute. The couple whispered to each other on the way back to the elevator, looking back towards the group of teenagers, the guards in front of the doors, and themselves. Mitsuki pointed at one of the body guards she previously spoke to and whispered something. He bowed and she nodded, watching her son as the elevator door closed on her.

Denki clasped his hands, "Okay! Bakugo, how are you?" He walked to a couch near Eijiro and Mina and across from Katsuki. He placed his bag next to his feet and leaned his elbows on his knees. Hanta followed his actions, eyeing Mina's position on the way, sitting next to Denki and placing his bag leaning against his ankles.