Chapter Seventeen

"Minato!" Mina shouted, running down the stairs. "Have you seen my bag?"

Minato, her brother, sat on the island stool. "Which bag?" He asked, taking a bite of his sandwich.

"The white one," she sped into the living room, looking at every corner. "The one that looks like a backpack with the pink, fluffy ball."

"Ah," he watched his sister move cushions and pillows. "Well, where'd you put it?"

"Are you actually stupid?" Not breaking away from her search. "If I knew I wouldn't be doing this." She chucked a pillow onto the couch and called into the kitchen, "Can you get off your ass and help me?"

"But I'm eating."

"Minato!"

Minato rolled his eyes and dropped his sandwich on the plate. He jumped off the stool and was heading to the living room when he tripped. "Holy-!" He got on his knees and looked behind him. On the floor, strap tangled around his foot was Mina's white bag. He groaned, "Found it."

"Really?" She jogged to his side and pushed him down to the floor to untangle her bag.

"Jesus!" He slapped his hands on the wooden floor in protection.

"Oh, thank god. I found it."

" You found it?" He reeled his foot and striked Mina in the shin. She stumbled and grabbed a hold of stool for balance.

"My god, Minato! What was that?"

"Don't push me!"

"I didn't push you," she held her hand up as he began to protest. "I'm gonna be late. They're probably waiting outside right now!" She rushed to the door and Minato rolled his eyes, getting up from the ground. He followed Mina to the front door where she sat putting on her shoes.

He crossed his arms and leaned against a wall, "What kinda person are you friends with for them to send a car ?"

"I don't know," she was putting on her second shoe. "Maybe it's his parents driving, I don't know. I mean, I've seen pictures of his house and he seems pretty well off."

"Right," he clicks his tongue, "Maybe I should've gone to U.A." Mina snorted. "What?"

"Nothing."

"No, no, tell me. What's so funny?"

Mina tied her shoes and got to her feet, "It's just that you wouldn't last one second against a villain. You'd piss your pants."

"Oh, like you didn't?"

"I almost died! No one has control of their bodily function when in a state of shock, fear, and on top of that, injury!"

"Uh-huh, sure. Well, hope you have fun." Mina opened the door, grabbing the gift bag she had placed there, and the two stepped off onto the porch. On the street of the house was parked a black stretch limousine with a man in tuxedo, cap, and white gloves waiting towards the end of the long vehicle.

"Oh my god," Mina whispered.

Minato whistled, "Wow. This guy looking for a girlfriend? Maybe a boyfriend?"

"Like he could put up with your personality." The two stepped down the patio towards the limousine. "God, how rich is he?"

"Rich enough for me to be interested."

"Well, he's not gay."

"Neither am I, but-" more whistling. "You should put in a good word for me."

She shook her head, "If anything I'm gonna be dating him. Why should you get everything?"