Chapter 3 - new born

"Yep, this baby ready to come out." the doctor chuckled as he took off his glove and threw it away. The doc made sure if the baby is formed the right way to be born.

"So when's the baby coming out?" I asked as I was holding Riley's hand, I made sure if she is safe here feeling comforted.

"Well soon, maybe by 1 am she is willing to come out." The doctor said and we nodded.

"If the contractions are shorter than usual, we will be ready to let the baby be born." doc resured us then I thanked him. He chuckled and left the room.

"How are you feeling?" Vera asked Riley who is taking short breaths to calm down.

I let the two talk and walked over to Kade, Rodney unfortunately went to go get a snack from one of the vending machines down the down from here.

"Are you ready to be a father?" He questioned me when I sat next to him.

I looked at him and pursed my lips.

"I don't know." I shrugged and started shaking a little because I'm nervous. I would love to have a little one running around the house but what if something goes wrong. I'm just ugh.

"Aw c'mon, your gonna be a great father." Kade chuckled and punched my shoulder, I smiled and looked at him once again.

"You sure?" I furrowed my brows at him and he nodded.

"At least your having a baby girl to protect from guys." he joked and I laughed with him.

"She's not dating till she's 20." I resured and laughed again.

"I'm gonna go for a quick walk in the hospital wanna come?" He asked and I looked at Riley who is sleeping on the bed then looked back at him.

"Sure, just a quick one because 10pm and Riley is ready to have a baby." I nodded and stood on my feet.

"She's gonna be okay." he smiled at Riley and walked out waiting for me.

I quietly walked over beside Vera.

"We'll be right back, if she wakes tell her to hold the baby in." I grinned and Vera nodded. I followed Kade out behind him then walked beside him.

"Our lifes sucked." Kade broke the silence between us as we walked.

"Well not exactly sucked." I pursed my lips, I lied it really sucked. All of us didn't deserve a life like this, we went through a lot that we shouldn't have.

"Are you kidding me, five years ago when we were at college. You got hurt...a lot and you got used to it." he paused and I stood in front him.

"It's over now." I murmured, I didn't want to talk about because it gives me nightmares.

"Isn't Kevin's anniversary tomorrow?" Kade asked as I gritted my jaw and looked away from him."Dude, I didn't mean it." he gasped a little and back up.

"It's over." I whispered and walked back to the room. Why did he bring that conversation up, god I hate him. Not like I wanna kill but I hate when he brings that kinda stuff like that.

"Jax, there you are! Riley is ready to have the baby." Vera sighed of relief and I stood watching Riley groaning in pain and Rod sitting in the couch across the room.

"Sir, please shut the door behind you." I heard the nurse who touched my arm.

"Oh yeah yeah sorry, Kade get in." I let Kade in and shut the door behind. I rushed over to the left side of the bed and grabbed Riley's hand.

"Okay, I'm gonna count to ten as you push and when I get to ten to can take a few breaths." the nurse told Riley and she nodded quickly. I was just sitting here watching my first kid being born.

"Alright, you ready?" Riley nodded again and squeezed my hand.

"Take a deep breath and...1 2 3..." the numbers faded, memories rushed through head. What if Kevin was here? What if he finally met my new daughter? Well unfortunately he's dead, he never got the chance to marry somebody and start a family with.

"Congratulations, your beautiful daughter in here." I heard a baby cry, I looked over and see my first new born baby. That's my kid I thought.
She's finally here.

My own daughter looks beautiful, she has brown hair just like Riley. God she's pretty just like her mom.

"What's her name?" A nurse asked me as the doctor handed my daughter to another nurse to treat her.

"I think her name is gonna be Paige..." I looked down to Riley and she smiled with agreement.

"Paige Peters." I chuckled so did the nurse.

"We have kid." I looked at Riley and laughed, I kiss her head and continued to laugh.

I'm a father

Name: Paige Peters
| Date: June 2nd |
| Time: 10:24 |
__________________

---

Sorry if this short, but yay Paige Peters is born! Paige is the baby in the picture, yes she looks just like her mommy:)

Thank you.