Chapter 20

"So yeah, that's what pretty much happened." Kevin finished explaining his story of his disappearance. Riley still can't believe that he's alive but she will get through it.

"Excuse for a sec." Riley said and she quickly stood up for the chair and ran off to our room. I could hear her throwing up gagging.

I looked at Kevin. He shrugged.

"Well, maybe we should let her rest and think about this for a minute." I said as Kevin nodded with agreement. I wonder how the rest of my family and his family would react that he's alive. Shocked, happy, relieved, sad, or even maybe scared.

"Okay, I'm back. Sorry about that." Riley came into the living room sitting next to looking at kev.
"I can't believe that bitch told you to stay away from us." Riley snapped and my eyes widens.

"Well technically he was protecting me from something." Kevin admitted and pursed his lips.

"Yeah taking us away from you. You're alive, you should've came back. I mean you weren't there for me when Paige was born. You weren't there when Jaxon and I got married. I mean that's t-totally messed up." Riley let out a few tears. Kevin looked down feeling guilty. That was kind of harsh but it was true, Kevin hasn't been at the moments that we wanted him to be at.

"Yes I am responsible for all of this and I am sorry for that." Kevin looked up, looking at both of us. I pursed my lips and held my hands together on the table.

"Does anyone know that you're alive? besides Jaxon." Riley asked with teary eyes, I sighed and looked outside through the window. It's a beautiful day in May, lots of blooming flowers, sunny day, birds flying, breeze blowing. I can't believe I'm here at my house with my 2 year old daughter sleeping in her room and sitting here with Riley and Kevin who was my childhood friends.

"No, but I'm gonna let em know. Tomorrow." Kevin yawned and stretched a bit. I sat awkwardly in the chair thinking about stuff.

"Well okay, that's cool but who's hungry? I am, I should probably go out and get us some food." Riley got up quickly smiling at us.

"What about Paige?" I asked, she looked over at me with a serious face.

"You two boys get to watch her. I'll be back, text me what you want from McDonald's." Riley grabbed her keys and purse and immediately goes out the door.

I looked at Kevin with my eyebrows furrowed, he shrugged.

"She's your daughter." He said slumping in the chair.

"Mommy?" I heard a soft voice in the hallway. I peeked and noticed it was Paige standing in the middle of the hall.

"Mommy went out to get us food." I said with a smile and she kinda smiled or I don't know.

I love seeing how my baby girl is growing. I see Kevin smiling at how adorable Paige.

* Kevin's p.o.v *

It's been awhile being away from my family and friends and I come back with with my 'brothers' kid standing in the middle of the hallway asking where Riley is.

It's really emotional. I wasn't there for their wedding and for their first child's birth. I find it frustrating but I am glad that I'm back.

I miss these people so much especially being gone for 9 years or so. It's just not fair, that I didn't go to anyone's special occasions even if I wanted to.

"Beautiful daughter." I said smiling, looking at Jaxon. He looked at me with a smile on his face nodding.

"Thank you."