Chapter 1: The Beginning

It was a bright night the full moon lighting the entire valley. Himeko woke in a puddle of mud, not remembering how or when she got there. All she remembers was walking until her body gave out. Glancing up at the stars she notices meteors falling from the sky. It was a beautiful sight as they fell closer and closer to the surface of the planet. 

The meteors streamed across the sky lighting the valley more than the full moon. The ground rumbled beneath her as a loud boom echoed through the valley. One meteor in particular shone brighter than all of the others.

Himeko drags her weak body towards the crash sight where she sees the express for the first time. At first, she was shocked to see such a beautiful train, but began to panic hoping there were no passengers aboard. After clearing the wreckage for potential injured passengers Himeko gets a flashback from her past.

All she remembers from before was that a scientist. Himeko had a major in Interstellar Travel Dynamics. The express had fallen from space. She didn't know what compelled her but Himeko started to repair the express.

After a few hours of working Himeko senses that she is missing something or rather someone. Their touch, their embrace, their voice echoing through her memory. Although she can't remember their name or face, their scent lingers on her body. A scent that smells of comfort and love. Small tears roll down Himeko's muddy face as she looks down to see a wedding ring on her finger. "Who were you, my love? When will I get to hold you again?"

The nameless lover was on Himeko's mind while she worked on and repaired the express. She had made great progress over the last few weeks. Bringing the space-traveling train closer to being back in the sky where it belonged. Himeko now had a suitcase full of tools that she had gathered from nearby towns to repair the express.

After working on the Astral Express for the last 6 weeks, Himeko was close to fixing the train. Although she started to feel rather sick in the mornings. The symptoms had only just started. She assumed she had been overworking herself with the many hours of labor she had poured into the express.

The symptoms persisted for the next few days but Himeko pushed through and completed the repairs on the express. With that, her journey begins with the Astral Express. Himeko wants to find the lover she once had. She didn't care how far she had to travel. Even if she doesn't remember their face or name, their loving scent she will remember.

**Time Skip**

Himeko has been traveling now for a few months and has two new guests on the express with her. The first being Welt Yang. Unable to return home Welt decided to join Himeko to help save as many planets as they could. The second guest was Pom-Pom the new conductor of the Astral Express.

At this point, it has been nearly four months since Himeko saw the Astral Express fall from the sky. But something was different about her body. Himeko thought it was the stress on the body from traveling in the express. She decided to ignore it moving from planet to planet with her new crew. 

As Himeko and Welt went to disembark, they said their goodbyes to Pom-Pom before traveling down to the new planet they had come to help. Well, it wasn't really a planet but one of the  Xianzhou Alliance ships. 

As Welt and Himeko were greeted by the cloud knights the pair made their way into the central plaza. Welt had gone ahead to speak with the commander of this ship while Himeko was left to walk around.

An elderly foxian woman tapped Himeko gently on the shoulder. As Himeko turned around she was met with a kind and caring face. "Is there something I can help you with ma'am?" Himeko said in a kind and caring tone. The elderly foxian woman took Himekos's hand "I just wanted to wish you luck with the child that is growing within your belly."

"W-what are you talking a-about?" Himeko stepped backward pulling her hand away from the elderly foxian woman. She couldn't be pregnant the morning sickness was due to the stress from traveling on the express. "It is true my dear. Although your wife may not be with you for a few years, she will come to you." "W-wife .. my lover was a woman? But then how ..." Himeko places a hand on her belly.

"That my dear, was a gift from the Aeons for taking her from you. The child will bring you the joy your wife would have given you. She was taken to serve an Aeon as it was destiny's choosing. Your paths shall cross in the future I can sense it." With that, the elderly foxian lady left Himeko standing in shock.

As Welt approached Himeko he could see she was crying. Welt placed an arm around Himeko to support her as she nearly collapsed on the floor. After explaining the event that took place Welt made Himeko go back to the express to process her thoughts. 

**Time Skip**

After a few days, Welt returned to the express with Dan Heng. He was going to be the newest member of the express.  Welt had told Dan about Himeko and Pom-Pom but nothing of their past. He knew it was best to let Dan Heng get to know the members on his own.

Welt left Dan Heng in the parlor car as he went to go and knock on Himeko's bedroom door to see how she was coping with the recent news. He was hoping she would have had time to process what the elderly foxian lady had told her. Welt brought up his hand as Himeko's door opened.

"WELT!" Himeko yelled dropping her coffee cup on the floor. "I wasn't expecting you to be back for a few more days." Himeko bent down to pick up the cup. Luckily her favorite cup hadn't broken. "Well I had some help and recruited a new member for the express. His name is Dan Heng. More importantly, how are you feeling?" "Enough about me Welt. I'm perfectly fine. Let's go and greet our newest member!"

With that Himeko walked off to the parlour car to greet Dan Heng. Himeko was back to her normal self. After the few days she had to process Welt assumed that Himeko had worked through her thoughts and was now accepting of what the foxian had told her.

The truth was, Himeko was excited. She was going to be a mother and her wife was alive. She now had more things to work for. Hiemko will stop at nothing to get her back. She wants her child to be loved, not just by her but by her wife as well.

**End of Chapter 1**

I hope you guys have enjoyed the story so far. Its currently 3am so I am publishing the story now. I might do a little bit of editing on it tomorrow but there will be more chapters tom come! Let me know your thoughts or things I could add in future!

I wonder who Himeko's lover is ... tehe

Just did a small update to the spelling of this chapter - 23/07/2023