Chapter 9: Promise Me

Darkness was all that surrounded y/n as she was held tightly in another person's arms. To scared to open her eyes all she could think about was her mother fighting the Doomsday Beast. "Mama please be okay." small tears trickled down her face. 

"She will be fine I promise." a silky voice responded. The arms around her loosened their grip, light started to flood her vision as y/n opened her eyes. "But you need to listen to Mama y/n, if I hadn't come in time you would have been killed, it was written in Elio's script."

Holding her daughter close Kafka moved the two apart slightly so she could look into y/ns watering amber eyes. "You really do look just like her too, even your hair falls in the same way as Hime's" the woman chuckled lightly swiping away tears with her thumb. "You need to get some rest okay, I used the same technique on you as I did Stelle. Your small body didn't take it too well, let's get you ready for bed angel." Kafka picked up y/n and took her to the bathroom. 

Looking at her surroundings y/n saw her room on the Express but why was Dream Lady here? Slowly the puzzle pieces started to fall into place, this was the same woman she meet on the Herta Space Station earlier that day. Although y/n couldn't remember the experience Himeko had said 'You got to meet mummy'. 

Y/n had never seen her mother look that way before, It was a look of relief and excitement. Sure she was only four but toddlers can still pick up on these emotional changes in their parents.

Kafka started to run the bath and y/n gently tugged on her jacket "A-are you..." she wiped away the tears on her face "Are you my mummy?" Kafka knelt down and placed a hand on her daughter's shoulder "Yes sweetheart I am. You are intelligent just like your Mama too. Now come on let's get you in the bath."

The toddler started to get excited but her small body was still exhausted from the day's events. She rushed into Kafka's arms hugging her tightly "I love you, mummy. You always protect me in my dreams... thank you." felling her mother's arms wrap around her y/n relaxed into the embrace "Mummy, I'm too tired for a bath." 

"Come on it will be a quick one, I'll help you. What if we add some bubbles?" Kafka didn't get emotional easily but holding her daughter like this was a feeling she had been longing for. All she wanted to do was be with her family, but Elio had other plans of his own. 

Taking off her jacket and rolling up her sleeves Kafka helped y/n into the bath and added the scented bubbles. The floral aroma filled the room as she washed the toddler's hair and body removing the grime from the day. By this point, y/n was falling asleep struggling to hold her body up. "Almost done angel." the toddler just mumbled in response. 

Lifting her out of the bath and drying her, Kafka carried her into the bedroom. Let's dry your hair first. Placing y/n gently on a chair wrapped up in her towel, she turned on the hairdryer. The warm air blew over the toddler's body making her even more sleepy.

"Where are your pajamas kept princess?" Y/n's eyes were half open as she pointed towards the chest of draws in her room "Bottom one mummy." Kafka got out the pair that was sitting on the top and grabbed undergarments as well. "Those are my favorite Pyjamas, Autny March got them for me." y/n said while she let out a yawn.

After she was dressed, Kafka picked her up and placed her under the covers in bed. "Alright, I need to go now, angel." Leaning down Kafka planted a gentle kiss on her daughter's forehead. Tiny arms wrapped around her neck "Please don't go mummy." getting out from the covers y/n wanted to hold her mother as close as possible. 

"I'm sorry princess but I have to go before I am found on the Express." y/n started to get upset "But I just got to meet you, and you haven't seen Mama yet." the toddler yawned, her body needed rest. "I will stay with you for a little longer but you have to go to sleep." y/n didn't let go "Only if we can cuddle to sleep."

Kafka giggled "Okay we have a deal." Tucking y/n back under the covers the bed shifted as she joined her daughter. "Under the covers mummy!" 

"Alright, alright. Let me take my shoes off then." she slipped her shoes off and joined her daughter under the covers. Tiny hands wrapped around one of her arms as the toddler snuggled into her chest "Goodnight mummy, I love you." With her free arm, Kafka gently stroked Y/n's head while she drifted to sleep.

Meanwhile, on the Herta Space Station platform, Himeko was on the ground crying. After helping Stelle stand March ran over to the red-haired woman "Himeko, what's wrong?" pulling the older woman into an embrace she started to look around for the mini version of the navigator. 

"S-someone took y/n, while we were attacking the Doomsday Beast. She... she is gone!" March pulled Himeko in further to comfort her. The rest of the crew walked over "The Astral Express tracks our coordinates in real-time, we will be able to find y/n that way." Welt said while helping Himeko stand. 

As the crew go onto the express, they went to check for the toddler's location. Halfway there Himeko stopped outside of y/n's room "I'll be in here, I just need some time to think." As she slid open the door, the rest of the crew went to the navigation room. She was wiping away her tears and walked towards her daughter's bed.

"Well, it looks like I stayed longer than intended... Hello Himeko." As the redhead's eyes focused she saw the same plum-haired woman sitting on her daughter's bed. Her legs were crossed with her hands on either side of her resting on the bed. Himeko looked over the woman's body, she was beautiful and elegant. As her eyes drifted over the woman in front of her she caught a glint on her fingers, there was the same ring she had... her wedding ring... it was an exact replica. 

"Like what you see?" the woman in front of her giggled and stood up. "I... I don't know what to say." Himeko was stunned. This was her wife, sitting right here she had found her. Well... more like she had found Himeko.

"I know you don't remember me but maybe this will help." Kafka stood up and wrapped her arms around Himekos's body. She could feel her blouse getting wet with tears from the redhead "It's alright Hime, I am here now, please don't cry." 

Himeko couldn't hold back her happiness as the tears flowed out of her eyes. "Do you know how long..." she was cut off as soft lips pressed on hers. "I know, I'm sorry." Kafka said breaking the kiss. Their foreheads touching, both women smiled while gazing into each other's eyes. "I will visit more If I have the time. But you can't tell anyone otherwise Elios's script will change. You have to promise me, Hime."

"I promise... Kafka. I promise." Himeko leaned forwards pulling her wife into a tighter hug. "I have to go before the others find me here." Kafka placed a hand under her wife's chin, gliding her thumb across Himeko's lips, and pulled her in for one last kiss. Neither wanted to let it end, this was the first time in almost 5 years they had seen each other. 

The pair broke for air "When will I see you again?" Himeko panted. "I'm not sure my love, but I will be back. We will be a family together one day... I promise." Loud footsteps could be heard running down the hallway. Letting go of the redhead Kafka took one last look at her wife and daughter before teleporting back to the Stellaron Hunters.

Himeko walked to y/ns bed and sat down next to her. She ran her fingers through her toddler's long red hair. The door slid open revealing Dan, March, Welt, and the newest member of the team Stelle. The mother held up a finger to her lips, indicating them to be quiet. "Come on let's leave them be." Welt whispered as he closed the door again. 

Himeko crawled under the covers with y/n holding her close. They would all be together soon, she just knew it. Himeko had her family and she wouldn't let anything stop her from being with them. 

**End of Chapter 9**

Sooooooooooooo, here we go... Kafka Fluff. I had so much fun writing this!

I was going to call this chapter Two Mothers, One Room ... but that was too sussy baka.

Where to go next in this story... I have no idea, it just comes to me when I write. Should we go to Belabog, meet Madam Herta, Spend some time with March and her new girlfriend *cough* sorry I mean friend.

Ty for reading, we hit 6k reads yesterday! I can't thank you all enough for your support. I love reading all your comments so much. They make me giggle ❤️