Chapter 10: Sick Day

Himeko woke feeling something very hot next to her, moving her arms she gently moved y/ns bangs off her forehead to check her temperature. The young girl was burning up, slipping out of bed she went to go and get a cool wet cloth to place on her daughter's head to cool her down.

Watching her for the next 15 minutes nothing seemed to change. Himeko picked up the small girl wrapping her in a blanket. Stirring from her sleep y/n's eyes fluttered open "Mama... I'm cold." she was shivering yet her body was so hot.

Holding her daughter close Himeko placed a few kisses on her head "I know sweetie you just have a bit of a fever, we are going to the med bay on the Herta Space Station. They will make you feel better." 

Hopping off the express she started to walk to the medical unit on the space station. Glancing down at her toddler she noticed how red her little cheeks were. Himeko needed to get her medical attention, she didn't have time to stop and talk to anyone. She didn't know how long y/n had a fever because she fell asleep with her.

Reaching the Medical Unit a doctor came up and recognised Himeko. "That's for saving the ship, I am sure if it wasn't for the Astral Express crew we would have had a lot more injuries." After the pleasantries, Hiemko placed y/n down on one of the beds as the doctor examined her. Giving the toddler some medication, her temperature decreased within a few minutes. "Make sure she gets plenty of water and rest. Just bring her back if anything changes."

Scooping up y/n in her arms, the mother headed for the Master Control Zone to find March. Himeko still had to discuss some things with Herta and she was going to be back within the next 10 minutes. Someone needed to keep a close eye on the toddler, but when she wasn't feeling well it was a different story.

"I have to talk to Herta, so let's go and find Aunty March okay?" Snuggling further into her mother's arms she didn't want to let go "No... Mama cuddles". When y/n was sick she never wanted to leave her mother's side, if Himeko wasn't there it would be tears all day until she came back. The only other person the toddler felt safe with was March.

A streak of pink appeared in front of the red-haired woman "Ahh, March just the person I'm looking for." standing very close next to March was Stelle "You two seem to be getting along well." Himeko said with a little smirk on her lips. Looking at both of the younger girls in front of her she noticed a pink blush on both of their cheeks. 'If Stelle joins the Astral Express, Im going to need to do some more soundproofing' 

"What's wrong with little red?" Stelle asked 

"Ahh about that. I need you two to look after y/n while I talk to Herta about some things, including how the stellaron is stable within your body right now. She will probably want to conduct some tests on you but we will be here for a few days so there is no rush." Himeko could feel her daughter holding her tighter.

"No mama... stay with me please." Small tears ran down y/n's cheeks onto her mother's chest as she tried to bury her face deeper to hide. "I know you're not feeling well but March will take good care of you."

March snapped out of her blush "Y/n how about we go and make some hot chocolate with marshmallows?" this was normally a treat for the toddler, she would do anything to get them in her drink. 

"Can we have cuddles too?" y/n said peeking out from her hiding spot while her mother wiped away her tears. "Of course we can, you and me can cuddle for as long as your want!" March grabbed the small girl from her mother's arms. "Can Aunty Stelle cuddle too?"

Himeko looked at her daughter in shock, she never warmed up to anyone this quickly before. Was she being March's wingman without realizing it? "Aunty Stelle already? That's a new record, even Dan didn't get the honor of receiving the uncle title until she was 3!" Himeko leaned into the pink-haired girl's ear and whispered, "Looks like you two were made for each other."