Chapter 2: Eternal Ice

Himeko made her way out to the parlor car to greet Dan Heng. After the formalities of meeting each other Dan Heng didn't want to leave. The Astral Express crew knew nothing about why he needed to leave behind the past of his own making. Blade was after him and this was the best way to escape.  

For now, Himeko also kept her secret that only Welt knew. She would eventually have to let Dan Heng and Pom Pom know about her child but didn't want to worry them about the future missions they have. She was hoping her belly wouldn't grow much in the coming months so she could hide it as long as possible.

"Right then, were to next Welt?" Himeko said clapping her hands together. After a lengthy discussion, it was decided. Explaining the warp process to Dan Heng, Welt took a seat next to him. 

"Hello Hello, all passengers please take your seats. The Astral Express is about to warp." Pom Pom started to count down as the train began to rumble. "Best if you hold onto something." Welt said to Dan Heng as he gripped the sofa. 

Dan Heng kept quiet. He closed his eyes tightly digging his fingers into the red sofa. As the train made the jump Dan felt like he could see the stars. Reaching his hand towards them. Welt and Himeko exchanged smiles as they stood up to view the new planet below them.

As Dan came too he heard Welt and Himeko panicking ".... someone is in there". Dan Heng glanced out the window of the express as something large caught his attention. It was a block of frozen ice, with a person trapped within.

Himeko came up with a plan to free the person inside and with that began Dan Heng's first mission as an astral express crew member. After stopping the ice from floating past the express they were able to chip away at it enough to bring it onboard. 

A few hours had past and the girl in the ice was finally free. Himeko dressed the girl in a robe for now while the boys waited outside. After the pink-haired girl was clothed Dan and welt came back in to check on the girl who had been frozen in ice. "All vitals look fine to me. She should wake up in a few hours." Himeko updated.

"It looks like you have everything covered Himeko. Dan Heng and I will go to see what kind of trouble this planet is in. I believe the girl will take a liking to you more than myself. I shall keep in contact via radio." With that, Welt took Dan and started their next trailblazing mission.

The girl started to come too, a woman with red hair and a friendly face was smiling at her. "Welcome to the Astral Express, do you remember your name?" As the girl sat up Himeko knelt down to steady her. She was very confused and shook her head. "I remember ..." the girl began to think "..anything please remember something."

"It's okay if you can't remember, My name is Himeko, I'm the navigator of the astral express." The girl sat in silence "What is the date today Himeko?" "I believe it's March 7th today. Come with me let's get you some clothes." Himeko gently took the girls hand and lead her to one of the rooms on the express.

Himeko started to lay out all the different outfits she thought the girl would like. After a few hours, Himeko was overjoyed that the girl now had her own personal look. Her light pink hair and blue eyes matched the outfit that they had chosen together. "Thank you Himeko, I think I would like to call myself March 7th."

Himeko looked at March with a smile "I think that's a perfect name. Here maybe you would like this as well." Himeko hands March a camera. "This way you will be able to capture your new memories and keep them forever." March looked at the redhead as she said this and tears started to fall down her cheeks.

Himeko embraced March as the younger girl finished crying. "Let's go and decorate your new room shall we!" March wiped away her tears and the motherly figure lead her to another car on the express. "This will be your new room March, you can decorate it however you want. You are part of the express crew now. We are gaining new passengers pretty soon another will arrive."

Himeko placed a hand on her belly as March looked at her with a shocked face. "I said that out loud didn't I?" March just stood there and nodded her head. "Let's go and make some coffee I will explain my past to you. But please don't tell anyone else only Welt knows about this.

**Time Skip**

It had been a few days since March 7th had arrived on the Astral Express. She had gotten to know Himeko quite well. They had similar stories after all. They both don't remember their past, March felt less alone having Himeko by her side.

As March was sitting in her room that she and Himeko had finished decorating she looked into the mirror facing her. "Who am I? Where do I come from..." these were the questions that March wanted answers to.

She was brought back from the knocks she heard on her door "Sorry to disturb you March But Welt and Dan Heng are back if you would like to come and greet them." "I'll be right there Himeko." March said as she stood up and left her room.

She entered the parlor car where Himeko was standing with two men. March had known the older-looking one was Welt and had been traveling with Himeko for a while now. While Dan Heng had arrived shortly before her.

"Good to see you are finally awake, My name is Welt Yang. I bet Himeko has already told you a lot about our travels already." March bowed "Nice to meet you Mr Yang, My name is March 7th." Dan Heng then turned to her "Nice to see you found some clothes as well." Dan said keeping the same boring expression on his face. "EHHHH? What d-do you mean?" March yelled 

Himeko gave Dan Heng a glare "I'm sorry March but you were frozen in the ice with no clothes on." Dan said, "WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BRING THIS UP!" March's face was now bright red with embarrassment. "I can see the Express is going to be more lively with the two of you around." Welt said with a smile on his face.

"Dan already seems to be trained in the way of the cloud knights, March do you have any combat experience?" Welt asked "She doesn't remember anything from her past Welt. But she can control ice we discovered this yesterday. I believe with enough training March will be very strong." Himeko Looked at the younger girl.

"I called it my Six-Phased Ice powers. Once I can control it better I am sure I will be able to help you on your trail blazing missions." Himeko looked at March with a kind motherly smile. "That's right no matter what it takes I know you can do it March."

March felt so welcome on the express. Well, that was apart from what Dan Heng had told her about being frozen in the ice naked. How embarrassing to be floating through space like that. Himeko was going to be a great mother and March couldn't wait to meet the little one. From what Himeko had told her she was just starting her second trimester.

After everyone was acquainted they went to their rooms. 'It had been nice spending time with March' Himeko thought as she was lying in bed. Slowly she drifted off into sleep. She woke in a room with a desk and chair. She knew she was dreaming but this felt so real. Himeko walked toward the desk and there was a letter with her name.

With a shaky hand, she picked up the letter and opened it. "Dear Himeko, I long for the day when I am once again in your arms. Each passing moment without you by my side is a struggle. My thoughts are occupied by you and the future we can create together. I dream of a life filled with laughter, adventure, and love with our daughter. Please know that I am always thinking of you and that my heart will forever belong to you. Until we meet again, I will hold onto the hope that one day we can be together."

Himeko woke up covered in sweat as she ran to the bathroom to vomit. Was that letter real or something she wanted to dream about? After Himeko rinsed out her mouth she started to write down the letter word for word. Himeko's memory was very good. Well apart from forgetting her past.

She re-read the letter over and over. Himeko knew she didn't write like this so it had to be something from her lover. She dropped the letter "daughter ... daughter.. I .. I am having a girl?" Himeko placed both hands on her belly as the tears rolled down her cheeks. She couldn't wait to tell March.

**End of Chapter 2**

Sorry for the long wait! I will try and update this story once or twice a week! I haven't edited this at all so I'm sorry if there are mistakes. I might run over it after I have had some dinner and tidy it up! Please let me know what you think.

Thank you for all the support on Chapter 1! I hope we can make this story better together.

*update*

July 1st - I have made a few edits to the chapter so hopefully it reads better now! Time to work on the next chapter! See you all soon