Chapter 5: Mama's Girl

Himeko woke as she heard y/n crying in her cot. She rubbed her eyes and pulled off the covers to check on her now six-month-old. It has been a lot of hard work raising a child but the new mother has enjoyed every moment of it. Gently picking up her daughter Himeko got back into bed with y/n in her arms rocking her gently.

The crying didn't stop, she looked down at her daughter who started to make grabby hands at Himeko's chest. "So that's why you're a sad little baby huh y/n?" the mother giggled as she started to feed her daughter. Gently stoking y/n's hair Himeko started to hum a song that calmed her baby down.

After feeding y/n, she bathed her and put on a cute little outfit. Placing y/n gently on the ground on her baby play mat, Himeko quickly got dressed in her usual attire and then scooped her daughter up leaving the room to make her morning coffee.

The door to the dining car slid open. The crew was already there chatting away while eating breakfast. Himeko saw a streak of pink hair move from the table and run up to her. "Good Morning ... March ..." she said with a yawn.

"I already brewed your coffee, it's sitting in the pot for you. Now let me take this rascal from you." March said while grabbing y/n in her arms. She started to hop around the room dancing with y/n. "Did you have a good sleep, Aunty March heard you crying this morning." 

Himeko loved watching March interact with y/n. She took her first sip of coffee and then started to warn the pink-haired girl "Try not to jump around too much March, I did just feed her." but it was too late. Y/n had just brought up this morning's breakfast all over March's front.

PomPom hopped down from the table and left to the cleaning closet to get a bucket and mop. Y/n looked up at March, her bottom lip started to quiver. "No, no y/n don't cry it's okay. Himeko I'm going to go clean y/n up."  she left the room hushing y/n stopping her from crying.

While PomPom was mopping the floor, Himeko sat down with Dan Heng and Welt. She started to consume her breakfast "She is getting more lively by the day." Welt said while giggling. "Who March or y/n?" Dan Heng said with his normal serious tone. 

This caused Himeko to choke on her food laughing "Only you would ask that question so seriously." she said trying to catch her breath. Dan looked at Himeko "I'm being serious. I thought March had a lot of energy before y/n was born. But this is a whole new level of excitement."

Welt and Himeko both looked at each other trying to hold in their laughter. "Fine, I'm going to my room. I'll be there if you need me." Dan said as he stood up and put his plate and cup in the dishwasher. "Don't forget we are having a meeting in 15 minutes to discuss where we are traveling next" Welt called out as Dan raised his hand in response and walked out of the dining car.

As the pair stifled their laughter Welt started to clean up the kitchen leaving Himeko to go and check in on March and y/n. Getting closer to the door she could hear some very loud giggling. After knocking she slid the door open to see both March and y/n sitting on the floor in what March called her 'Cozy Courner'

"Looks like someone is having fun." Himeko said while looking at the pair. Y/n saw her mother enter the room and made grabby hands for her. But her mother was preoccupied with talking to March. Y/n started to make baby noises trying to get her mother's attention but that didn't work either. So she got on all fours and started to crawl over to her mother.

The women's conversation came to a halt as they saw little y/n crawling for the first time. Himeko got down onto her knees while holding out her arms for her daughter. Once y/n made it to Himeko she started to babble in baby talk like she was trying to ask her mother something.

"I don't speak baby, but I think you are saying you're hungry again." Himeko said while looking at March "I'll see you at the meeting in 10 minutes then." Y/n started to pull down Himeko's dress trying to get to her food. The mother was used to this and held her chest "We don't want March to catch an eye full do we?" she quickly left the room to give her daughter a second breakfast.