Chapter 7: Herta Space Station

It was another normal day on the Astral Express. Y/n was now four years old and had her very own room on the train. She was normally awake before Himeko but today was different. Her mother snuck into her room to see her daughter still snuggled up in her blankets surrounded by all the plushies March had gotten her over the years. 

Himeko placed a gentle kiss on her forehead before leaving to make her usual morning coffee. The crew was already in the dining car waiting for her. "Y/n still asleep?" March asked while bringing a coffee to the tired-looking redhead. "Mmm, I think all of that running around with you yesterday tired her out."

The door to the dining car slowly opened revealing a half-asleep toddler. Y/n was rubbing her tired eyes while carrying her favourite unicorn plushie that Aunty March had got her for her 4th birthday. Her little legs dragged her over towards the table everyone was sitting at. 

March couldn't contain herself, y/n was always so cute when she was still sleepy. She bent down scooping up the toddler in her arms "Looks like someone is still very tried. We can have a cuddle day if you want cutie." 

Y/n didn't respond to March, instead she placed her head in the crook of her aunties neck. With eyes half open she could see her mother in the kitchen making breakfast. A few minuets later food was placed in front of her. Y/n slowly ate breakfast getting it all over her face.

After the mess her daughter made Himeko took y/n back to get her cleaned up and dressed for the day. "Let's go to the Parlour car, we are traveling to the Herta Space Station today." Carrying the small girl Himeko made her way over to the others. "I will have to warp us this time, the Herta Space Station is a tricky one to navigate." Himeko then gave y/n to Welt and went to the front of the Astral Express.

Before warping Welt sat down on the sofa next to Dan while March prepared to stand through the warp process. Everyone knew she would never be able to do it, but y/n always found it funny when she saw her aunty on the floor grumbling about how she would get it next time.

The Astral Express warped and Himeko came running back into the Parlour car. "It looks like the Antimatter Legion are here, get ready to warp down immediately. Welt I need you to stay here on board with y/n." Himeko, Dan Heng and March all teleported onto the Herta Space Station.

Welt stood up placing y/n on the sofa, she was still half asleep so he decided to go and look out of the window. He was shocked, the Antimatter Legion had the entire space station surrounded. That's when he heard a might growl ... it was the Doomsday Beast. He had to get the Express docked quickly to warn the team "PomPom keep an eye on y/n, I need to get us on the Space Station." PomPom just nodded their head while they carried on sweeping the floor.

After Welt had docked the Express he ran back into the Parlour car "POMPOM ... Where is y/n?" the small creature turned around "I heard the teleporter go off before we docked." Welt's face turned white as he saw the girls unicorn toy on the floor "You are telling me, y/n teleported onto the Herta Space Station ... with a Doomsday Beast." 

Y/n wanted to be like her mother so she decided when Welt left she too would teleport and help everyone. A toddlers half asleep brain though this was the best idea in the world. She stood in the teleporter and pressed the button that she had seen her mother press so many times. Before she could open her eyes she could hear classical music playing in the room, It was a song Himeko loved.

The small girl opened her eyes to see a taller woman pretending to play the violin, the woman was beautiful and elegant. She couldn't help but watch in awe "Dream lady?" the words slipped out of her mouth, Himeko always told her not to talk to strangers so y/n hid behind the closest box in the room.