Chapter 3: Dream Walker

Welt and Dan Heng had gone on another Trailbalzing mission leaving Himeko and March on the express. It was early morning as March made her way to the dining car to prepare breakfast. As she had gotten to know Himeko more she noticed how much the older woman loved coffee. She started to prepare a coffee for Himeko as she wanted her to stress less. March wasn't able to help with missions yet but she was determined to pay Himeko back for helping her.

The coffee aroma filled the air of the dining car as Himeko sleepily walked in. She is definitely not a morning person March though. Looking at Himeko as she got closer something wasn't right. Her eyes were red and puffy like the older woman had been crying. 

March's eyes wandered over Himeko taking all of her in. She was holding a piece of paper with writing on it. "Morning Himeko, I have already made you a coffee." Himeko placed the piece of paper on the table and pushed it toward March. "Thank you March, here read this for me. I will prepare my own breakfast."

March's fingers ran across the letter as she read it "Dear Himeko, I long for the day when I am once again in your arms. Each passing moment without you by my side is a struggle. My thoughts are occupied by you and the future we can create together. I dream of a life filled with laughter, adventure, and love with our daughter. Please know that I am always thinking of you and that my heart will forever belong to you. Until we meet again, I will hold onto the hope that one day we can be together."

Himeko stood next to March while preparing her breakfast. "Interesting isn't it? I believe that my wife has the ability to reach me in my dreams." March looked between the letter and Himeko's belly "Wha... What? A little girl...?! I'm going to take so many photos of her! Im going to be the best aunty and ....." March trailed off and started talking about things that she and Himeko's little girl will be doing together. 

Himeko sat there in silence eating her food and sipping on her coffee while smiling at the younger pink-haired girl. March snaps out of her talking spree "Wait... the ability to reach you in your dreams?" Himeko went on to explain how she had received the letter in her dreams. The two sat there and discuss how it may be possible before going to start their daily training and tasks.

Towards the end of the day, Dan Heng and Welt had come back to the express after finishing their trailblazing on the current planet. March and Himeko had prepared dinner for the five of them, including Pom-Pom. Himeko started to explain what happened in her dreams but didn't disclose what the letter said.

Welt knew what she was talking about "I believe they are called Dream Walkers. To be able to dream walk is an incredibly rear ability. They focus their mind on the person whose dreams they want to enter and can interact with said person's dreamscape allowing interactions in the dream world. Once in the dream world, the Dreamwalker can interact with the person and influence the dream in various ways. This could be used for both good and evil purposes, depending on the intentions of the Dream Walker." The others all sat there quietly focusing on every word that Welt had said. 

A few hours passed and Himeko had shown him the letter left by her lover in her dreams. "A little girl then. Congratulations Himeko, you will be a great mother. This means your mysterious wife is definitely a Dream Walker. Don't be disheartened if she doesn't reveal her face or voice to you." Welt looked down at Himeko as she had a few tears in her eyes "The letters are enough Welt. As long as I know she is thinking of us." she said while holding her belly.

Further discussions took place that night as the Astral Express needed to move on to its next destination. They had decided to take March on the next mission so she could start to use her Six-Phased ice powers as well. Welt and Himeko decided to travel to Ophion-VI.

Ophion-VI was known as a Goldilocks Planet. It's mostly a peaceful planet but has recently been infested with enemies from the Antimatter Legion. In particular, it was the Great Tower that had been taken over. Welt went off to update both March and Dan Heng on their new mission.

March giggled excitedly as she was going to truly be part of the Astral Express. "Mr Yang what's so special about the Great Tower?" she said. Welt went into detail about the tower located on Ophion-VI.

"The Great Tower is a marvel of engineering and craftsmanship. It rises high above the surrounding landscape, reaching for the stars. Built to last for generations, the Great Tower is a testament to the skill and ingenuity of the people who built it. Inside, workshops and laboratories are filled with the latest technology, where skilled craftsmen create intricate and delicate relics of incredible power."

So the Astral Express crew set off on their next trailblazing mission to Ophion-VI. Once they arrived they were in the "Ruling City". The Tower was located in one of the main squares of the capital. This was the first city March had traveled to since boarding the express. Towering over the rest of the city was the building they had to reclaim. Yet it was crawling with the Antimatter Legions minions. The Astral Express crew started their mission to reclaim the Great Tower.

March, Dan Heng, Himeko, and Welt were all standing at the top of the Great Tower after clearing every Antimatter enemy. March found it hard to control her Six-Phased ice powers with nothing but her hands. She was unable to focus her attacks on a single target and almost hit Dan Heng with her ice multiple times. However, there was a scientist observing the way March fought. He spent days designing a weapon specifically for her. 

It was carved of the Six-Phazed Ice that only she was able to produce. A relic was placed within the weapon so it was unable to melt under any extreme heat. The bow had an intricate design according to March " Great warriors never use bows!" but it just so happened to be the perfect weapon.

Arriving back on the Express, Himeko felt faint from the physical strain on her body. Maybe she shouldn't have helpt reclaim the Great Tower. March was watching Himeko and rushed to her side before she fainted in March's arms.

With the help of Welt, the two were able to gently carry Himeko back to her room and place her under her covers. "Mr Yang, maybe Himeko shouldn't come with us on trailblazing missions given her uh... condition." March didn't want to say anything out loud as Pom-Pom and Dan Heng still were clueless about the fact that she was pregnant.

As Himeko slept, she woke in the same room with a desk and chair. Slowly moving her way towards the desk she glanced down and saw another letter addressed to her. With shaky hands, she opened it to see what her lover had written this time.

"My Dearest Himeko, I beg you to refrain from taking on any further dangerous missions. Not only do I fear for your safety, but also for the safety of our unborn daughter, (y/n). I cannot bear to lose you again. You and (y/n) are the most important things in my world, and I cannot imagine life without the two of you. Please, my love, stay safe for us."

Himeko woke up with a gasp, sitting up abruptly she threw her covers off to re-write the letter. There were so many questions going through her mind right now. It was her duty as a scientist and the navigator of the express to continue traveling on the express. She couldn't turn back now. The path she was following would lead Himeko to her lover ... she just knew it.

**End of Chapter 3**

Hi Family! Here is another chapter I hope you enjoy. I would have posted sooner but have been sick this week so sorry if the story is kinda all over the place I think my brain is melting ... oopsy.