I am not attracted to you

Z,

We shared an Uber. Harry, Emily, and Niall were in the back, and I was in the front seat, on the passenger's seat, on our way to The Box - it was past midnight, and I was about to go on.

I kept my phone in my hand, trying not to look over my shoulder, whenever I heard Harry's voice come through. I did get us a table and I was eager to see if Stella had fulfilled her part of the deal.

After all, that table had cost me an arm, a leg, my liver, and my soul.

"Hello?"

"Stella!" I greeted my boss. Behind her, I could hear the muffled soft sounds of the club already alive. "Hi-"

"Zayn, I swear if you tell me you're not coming in an hour before your set-"

"No, no. I'm coming in." I explained quickly, as I paced on the balcony of the restaurant. "I just have a request: I need a table and a few bottles."

"You need a table?"

It was an unusual request. Unlike my co-workers, who always had friends over, I never asked for a table or a bottle. Primarily because the people I knew were already either working or going there. Secondly, I thought it was an odd and low flex to have. However, it was Liam's birthday, and he was celebrating.

And, deep down, I wanted to impress Harry – for some reason.

"Yes. For like..." I did a quick math. "Six people. Maybe?"

"Maybe?"

"Yes, can you have that going for me?"

"All tables are booked ," Stella added, stoically. "I don't have any room."

"Stella, please. I know we can fix some space up there. I've seen you open space for other tables. I know you can do it."

My manager took a deep breath in, and I knew she smelled blood in the water. I heard her steps roaming around, a door opening and closing. Suddenly, it was silent.

"You seem rather in need of this table, Zayn."

"A bit yes."

"If there was a way for you to get it, though ..." Stella tossed the bait. I stopped my pacing, looking inside the restaurant. Harry was kissing Emily, smiling into her lips. I had seen that smile and felt those lips. "Oh, well-"

"What do you want?"

"Well...what are you offering?"

I watched as Harry stood up and walked between the tables. His hand landed on his hair, touching softly. Heads turning as he walked. Did he know how handsome he was navigating the sea of common beauty, standing out like a beacon?

I turned back to the view.

"Full night's work for the next two weeks. I do the set, then the bar."

"Hm..." Stella added with interest. "Two months."

Shit!

"I'm not doing two months, Stella-"

"Then, I guess you don't need the table or the champagne. Bye then."

"Wait, wait..." I begged, starting to pace again. "Three weeks. Set, bar work, and stay after to clean up."

"A month and a half."

"A month," I responded with certainty. "A full month: I work every day - five days a week, not on weekends."

"Weekends are our busiest time."