I don't like music

Z,

Sunday

Working full nights was becoming a challenge.

I wasn't playing on Saturday day, so as promised to Stella, I went in an hour earlier to help prep. I helped store the pints of beer, and all the glasses for the cocktails, keep bottles in the fridge in the mini-fridge, alongside the tonics and vodkas; checked the other liquors to see if needed new ones, and made sure the lemons, limes, oranges, and grapefruits were all.

I cleaned the counters, made sure everything was organised and counted the money we had in the register. When the doors opened, I was already with my hand on the tap pouring out beers and handing out shots to eager customers. Anything too complicated, like a cocktail or a drink with too many different combinations, I'd toss to G who would do it easily. The music was nice, and the guest DJ was good, but it wasn't nearly as full as it would be with me. I had a few patrons coming to me, congratulating my set, and buying me shots - which I couldn't take since I was working. And I admit...

It was fun.

I started the day after Liam's birthday, without introduction, which amused Stella. Straight into the pit, trying to make my way. Luckily, G and Ant helped me. I switched partners between G and Ant working downstairs, while Mitch had taken the post on the VIP lounge - somehow his less-than-welcoming looks worked on the VIPs.

While working with G at the bar we would dance together and enjoy ourselves. G loved to dance and shake her ass on those shorts, earning amazing tips for herself. I let her shine and get hers, keeping my robotic movements to myself.

When I went to Anthony's side, we made it a competition - he was my boy after all, and we men like to compete. He'd wear tight shirts around his muscles, have his hair a certain way and smile his way into tips. The older woman would swoon for him easily, leaning over the counter and pressing their breasts together in a not-so-discreet way. I discovered that the young attendees liked me best, their orders were also simpler: beer, shots, whiskey and vodka, coke, and rum. Despite all of that, he'd always won me over a few pounds. I guess the muscles did wonders.

At the end of the night, we'd packed everything, and cleaned our stations, but left the deep cleaning for the crew that would come in the early morning. We'd finish our work with a shot, led by Stella. I leaned against the counter yawning as the adrenaline wore off. G sat on it next to me, with her arm draped over Anthony's shoulders as he held her hand. Mitch stood close by.

"My busy bees..." Stella said with her shot glass raised. "To you all. An amazing night – as always!"

"And to Zayn!" Mitch added, looking at me. "Who is now working full hours and has not complained once."

Everyone laughed and chuckled. I waved around as the King would.

They all cheered and enjoyed themselves. We drank our shots, shivering as the vodka came down our throats burning everything. G jumped from the counter with Ant's help practically melting in his arms. Mitch grunted goodbye, then left without looking back. In the end, it was just me and Stella.

"You did well..." Stella added. My boss held out an envelope to me. I frowned, not understanding the gesture. "It's a bonus. I feel bad for how little you got the last time and...I decided to help."

I took the envelope after seeing the small amount of money. It wasn't anything outstanding, but it would help.

"Stella..." I showed her my menacing smile." Does this mean I don't annoy you anymore?"

My manager's smile fainted. "Why do you have to ruin everything-?"

"You like me, Stella? Am I finally worthy of your affection?"