Chapter Fifteen

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping outside my window. The realization of my situation hit me all at once, and I sat up, feeling trapped. My family had made a deal with the vampire family that meant I would have to marry one of the vampire family's sons. I didn't know how to wrap my head around the fact that my life was about to change forever.

As I sat on the edge of my bed, I knew that I had two options: fight against it or make the best of it. I decided to choose the latter. I couldn't spend the rest of my life bitter and resentful, wondering what could have been. I had to accept the situation and try to fit in with the vampires in my new life.

With a newfound sense of determination, I got out of bed and went about my morning routine. I knew I had a lot to learn about vampire culture and their way of life, but I was ready to learn. As I left my room, I was hit with a wave of uncertainty. How had my life changed so drastically in such a short time? I didn't know what the future held, but I hoped that I would find a way to make peace with my situation and maybe even find some happiness as a member of the vampire family.

As I stepped into the main hallway, I saw the vampire family's butler, Abraham, standing at the far end of the hall. I suppose that if I am going to learn about them, I might as well start with the basics and he seems like my best bet.I mustered up the courage to approach him and ask him about their way of life.

"Excuse me, Abraham ?" I said softly.

He turned around and looked at me with a nod, his expression unreadable.

"Can you tell me more about the vampire way of life?" I asked hesitantly.

"I believe you are better off asking Master Elias or one of his children." Abraham said as he began walking.

"Please, Abraham," I pleaded, "I think it would be easier hearing it from another human. If you can find peace here, then maybe I can too."

Abraham looked at me for a moment before nodding and motioning me to follow him. As we walked through the halls, he began to explain the basics of vampire culture, from their dietary needs to their social hierarchy. I listened intently, taking mental notes as we went along. I knew that it was only the beginning, but the more I learned, the more hopeful I felt that I could find a way to fit in with my new family.

"As you know, vampires have to have a steady diet of blood." Abraham explained, "However there are only a few who drink human blood. Most of them have resorted to drinking animal blood, they believe drinking human blood is wrong and should be avoided at all costs."

That's comforting.

As Abraham continued to talk, I couldn't help but feel a sense of awe and unease. The more he revealed about the vampire way of life, the more I realized just how different they were from humans. Although I was eager to learn and adapt, there were parts of their culture that I found hard to accept. But as we reached the end of our conversation, Abraham turned to me with a reassuring smile.

"I understand that all of this might be overwhelming, Brynleigh," he said, "If you need anything at all, do not hesitate to ask."

I let out a deep breath, feeling a sense of gratitude wash over me.

"Thank you, Abraham," I said. "I appreciate it more than you know."

With that, we parted ways, and I went back to my room, lost in thought. I knew that fitting in with the vampires would be a challenge, but I was determined to make it work. After all, I had nowhere else to go, and I had to accept my new reality. As I lay down on my bed, I closed my eyes and allowed myself to relax, maybe it won't be so bad after all.