Happy Anniversary to Me

Ian

"That's the way we get by...." Ian puts his arm around Mickey's shoulders, pulling him away from Liam as everyone finishes the song. The guy whose car caught fire is flipping everyone off, which only ignites more laughter from the crowd. Ian womders how Mickey pulled off this surprise anniversary party for them since he was with Mickey all day. He eventually decides to just shrug it off and be happy in the moment with his husband.

*Ringgg*

Ian's phone goes off in his pocket, and the sound pulls him away from his thoughts. Ian passes his beer over to Mickey, so he'll have a free hand to grab his phone. "No! Mick, stop drinking that!"

"Fuck, Gallagher! I thought you were done with it?!" Mickey spits out. Ian rolls his eyes at him and explains that he needs a free hand to answer his phone.

"Don't drink anymore." Ian scolds. Mickey sighs as a response, and Ian finally takes out his phone. 'Huh, Fiona's calling me. I haven't heard from her since that day she asked everyone to say a few words about her for some dating show or whatever the fuck it was.' Ian thinks in his head, answering the call.

"Hey, Fi. What's up?" He asks casually, waiting for her response.

"Hey. Is Lip around?"

"Yeah. We're out celebrating mine and Mickey's wedding anniversary." He smiles, reminding himself that he and Mickey actually survived one whole year of marriage.

"Oh, right! I totally forgot, congrats, Ian! Mickey Milkovich, huh? Who woulda known?" She laughs, so does Ian.

"Yeah, yeah. Did you want to get a hold of Lip? I'm sure his phone is just on 'do not disturb'." Ian asks, turning their conversation back to its original purpose.

"Oh, right. Well, if he's with you, I can just tell you, and you can tell everyone else, yeah?"

"Okay. What is it?"

"Well, the hospital called. I guess I'm still Frank's number one emergency contact. Um, he uh..he-"

"Sometime today would be nice." Ian interrupts. He'd much rather spend time with his husband right now than have to listen to Fiona stutter in his ear all night long.

"Death finally caught up with Frank. He's gone for real this time, Ian. Frank Gallagher's fuckin dead." Fiona laughs, though Ian can tell it's more of a nervous type of laugh. 'Holy shit. Frank is dead?' He slides his arm off of his husband and places it on his face. Mickey gives him a confused look, and Ian just turns his head away from him. Frank Gallagher being dead is unbelievable. He's imagined this day in a different ways, but not once did he imagine it looking like this.

"How-" Ian clears my throat. "How'd he pass?" He asks, assuming it couldn't have been a natural cause.

"I dunno, I didn't even ask. I'd assume alcohol and drugs were a part of it, though." She says. Ian looks at his siblings. They're all so clueless. He wonders how each of them will react to the news. Fiona speaks and once again pulls Ian away from thoughts.

"Hey, Ian? I gotta go, alright? Jimmy just got back from work. I'll talk to you later, okay?" 'Okay. Wait, hold up.

"Did you just say Jimmy? Like as in Jimmy-Steve, Jimmy?" All Ian gets is a quiet "Mhm, " and she hangs up on him. Well, this is a lot to process.

"Hey, Ian. You okay, man? If you want, we can pack it up here and head home." Mickey asks, genuinely concerned. Ian just looks at him with a blank stare. He honestly doesn't know what to feel right now. I mean, fuckin Kevin was more of a father to Ian than Frank ever was, yet he still feels a little sad? He's not about to cry over him, though. He's not Mickey.

"Yeah, that sounds good. I just need to talk to the Gallagher's for a minute." Mickey nods and basically tells everyone to fuck off except for, "you, you, you, and you. I guess you can stay too?" That last part he says while pointing to Debbie's new girl toy.

Once everyone else is far enough away from the Gallagher's, Ian begins to speak. "Uh, so I was just on the phone with Fiona-" Debbie cuts him off.

"Oh, what's she up to?"

"I don't know."

"You don't know? Then what'd you say on the phone?"

"I'd be able to tell you, Deb's, if you wouldn't keep interrupting me every two seconds." Ian says, looking at her slightly annoyed. She just purses her lips and stays quiet.

"Okay. Now, Fiona just told me that Frank is, uh. Well, he's gone." They all look at him confused.

"Gone where?" Liam asks, probably getting ready to go get him.

"Better not be Canada again." Lip laughs at his own joke. Everyone else laughs, too, even Tammi and Mickey. They weren't even there?

"No, he's gone somewhere, probably lower." Ian says. He looks at Lip, and all he does is furrow his brows. Ugh, they still don't get it. "Frank died tonight, guys. He's officially dead, gone for good." He finally reveals, making everyone understand now.

"Holy shit." Mickey says, breaking the silence. He takes another sip of Ian's beer with his eyebrows raised and a small curl forming at the corner of his lips. Well, he's certainly taking this better than he took the news about Terry.

"Ugh, Mick! That's my fucking beer! Get your own. The bar is literally two feet in front of you." Ian shouts, grabbing his beer out of Mickey's hand. He doesn't move from his spot, and Ian lifts the bottle closer to his face to get a better look at how much he drank. He's lucky he barely drank anything.

As he drinks his beer, Debbie starts clapping and wooing. "He's finally gone this time! We're free!" She shouts. Ian agrees with her, which only encourages her enthusiasm, and soon everyone's clapping and laughing with each other, but out of the blue, Liam storms off.

"Hey, woah, Liam!" Lip says, running after him. Tammi, who is still holding Fred, follows slowly behind them.

"Is it time to go now, Mommy?" Franny asks with her adorable, high-pitched voice.

"Yes, sweetie, it is. We have to start packing in the morning too because we're gonna go on a long trip!" Debbie answers her using her baby voice. She looks over at her girl toy, and they smile widely at each other. Looks like they're going on the trip together.

Debbie, Franny, and Debbie's fling thing all walk away over to the Gallagher house, Ian would assume, and Carl leaves with his cop friend, leaving Mickey and Ian alone outside the bar.

"Hey, seriously though, you okay?" Mickey turns to face his husband. Ian gives him a smile, saying, "Yeah." Not really thinking about how he actually feels about this. He's not on the verge of tears, so he guesses he's fine?

"Okay then, tough guy, but if you ever do start to feel sad about that deadbeat, I'm here for you, okay?" Mickey says, placing one of his baby hands on Ian's shoulder, comforting him.

"Okay, okay. There's no need to get all cheesy on me. I know you're here for me, and I'll go to you if I need. Now, what do you say we go back to the apartment, and you could help cheer me up a bit more?" Ian suggests with a grin, forming uncontrollably on his face. A smile forms on Mickey's face as well, understanding what Ian's getting at.

"Oh, I think we could do that, yeah." He says, leaning in for a kiss. Ian kisses him back, and they start heading for their apartment. "Happy Anniversary to me."

•~•Author's Note•~•

1325 words for my first chapter. This is the first fanfiction I've ever written, so idk how good it is so far or how good it's going to be, but I have a lot of fun plans for these two. I'm really excited about this book, and I hope you readers enjoy it as well. Have a nice day<3 or night, depending on when you're reading this😅